Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What TV Commercials Do You Hate? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What TV Commercials Do You Hate?
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-01-2003 02:29 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate all car/truck comercials. They are all 100% exactly the same.

I hate any commercial that uses licensed music (old songs, etc.... Leave them be!)

I hate ANY commercial with the "normal speed-->super duper fast zippy speed-->slow to normal speed" type of videography that they use over and over. I hate that. It's a fad. Mostly vehicle commercials use it.

Jake Jabs (American Furniture Warehouse--Colorado only I believe). I hate him and his stupid family that lives in the store and runs around slashing the prices behind his dumbass back. Ha ha! I bet he gets cozy with all those animals during lonely nights as well.

Rocky's Autos (Colorado Only). I would be embarrassed to go there much less actually purchase something there. Sure, the dumb wench in the commercials is kind of cute, but the cop is an idiot. If he tried to arrest me I'd kick his ass.

Famous Footwear commercials with the horrible god awful music they've been playing lately. I always mute them.

Best Buy commercials where the Best Buy employee talks to the customers about features or whatever and suddenly the customer is fantasizing... and the Best Buy employee is in the customer's fantasy! What's worse is that they return to reality back in the store, and the Best Buy employee seems to remember being in the customer's fantasy!

Any other commercials for anything.

|  IP: Logged

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 02:54 AM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All geico. They are so stupid.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-01-2003 04:04 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
All car commercials that show the cars speeding, reckless driving, high-speed cornering, sliding sideways, etc, and then put a disclaimer saying "Closed course, do not attempt". What a bunch of SH!T! No wonder there are sooo many wrecks and dead teeny-boppers & 20-somethings. I guess these commercials fall under the STUPID PEOPLE posts.

I agree with the "oldies" song ones…YUK!!!!!! Thank GOD for the MUTE button!

Many others....

>>> Phil

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 04:12 AM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All commericals in general.

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 04:31 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tv commercials in theaters.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 08:12 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SubWay fast food joints with Jerrod, the former large person.

Currently, they are forcing chicken subs on us. Cluck cluck.

All auto ads. EXCEPT the Mitsubishi series with the calm music that ran last fall.

Geico, and ALL of the other insurance commercials

Gutter Guard

Lawyers

Patent drugs. Ask your doctor.

Dont get me started. I love my mute button.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 09:04 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In our viewing market, it seems like there is a Ford car/truck commercial at every commercial break in the evening and late news cast. All three major networks, all running the exact same commercial at exactly the same time. The one that signals it's time for bed... the new Ford commercial with the old Journey song. My wife doesn't even know who Journey is! [Roll Eyes]

We also have "Mattress King" (a guy dressed up in a hollowed out mattress wearing a crown... and shouting the whole time.

I also hate almost ALL political ads. The closer they get to election day, the worse they get.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 09:16 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
99.9% of all commercials suck---especially car commercials.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 10:11 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Jerrod did anyone else think that he looked a little more "chunky" in his last commercial (the chicken one)? They had him sitting down behind a table but if you look at his neck, you can see quite a bit of weight there.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-01-2003 10:47 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jordan's Furniture. This is a local furniture retailer which has a long history of having annoying (and pervasive) television commercials. They are also big cinema screen advertisers, and their ads are on many movie screens around here, too.

Also: any ads for electric companies, water companies, gas companies, cable companies, phone companies (for local service) or any other industry where there is a monopoly (or near-monopoly) on service within a given area. In that case, advertising is essentially pointless (since anyone who wants the service already buys it from the sole supplier) and serves only to increase costs to consumers. Yes, I know that there is some limited competition for local phone service, electric power, etc., but I'm talking about the ads placed by the dominant supplier in the area, not upstart competitors.

Related topic (should this be a separate thread?): what radio commercials do you hate? My current pet peeve is commercials for any automobile glass replacement service (locally, that includes Giant Glass, et al.). Those ads are usually lame to begin with and tend to run for months on end.

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 06:34 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the DELL commercials, "The Interns" They Suck!!!...If I ran Dell, I fired these clucks especially that Adam!!! bring back the "Dude you're getting a Dell" guy.... he was funny...

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 06:41 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen him on since he got busted with pot.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-01-2003 07:04 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a body shop around here that has the owners' KIDS pitching for them. "My dad can fix your car up real good." It's so cutesy it makes you [puke] .

I hate fast food and restaurant commercials where they show the food and it looks NOTHING like the [bs] you get in the restaurant.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-01-2003 08:17 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love and hate Carls Jr ads. I like them because they do a great job making fun of many sit down restaurants. That's always good. I hate them because of the sound effects that play when someone bites into a burger. Nasty. Actually I hate ALL commercials that force the sound of someone eating upon us. I HATE the Carls Jr "Don't Bother Me, I'm Eating" ads. They show sloppy burgers dripping all over the place combined the aforementioned nasty sound effects. It really does not do wonders for my appetite. I have never eaten at Carls Jr because their ads turn me off.

Betsie Beadling
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 08:21 PM      Profile for Betsie Beadling   Email Betsie Beadling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Commercials I cant stand are Call ATT with that Carrot Top Comdey Guy, Empire Carpet their stupid jingle is Stuck in my head, and the Room Store their also stupid jingle is
stuck in my head as well. [thumbsdown] [puke]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: