Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Crazy Customers

Author Topic: Crazy Customers
Ray Bernardi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Ray Bernardi   Email Ray Bernardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. Just thought I'd drop a line to say hello. The theatre has kept me busy since we upgraded the equipment. We have received a great response from the surrounding towns. We're learning our own business all over again at a new volume level!

Here's a funny one for you. Last night (Wednesday) a lady comes in and says, no kidding, I was here for the movie on Sunday and I thought it was too violent. (It's LXG) Then she says, I'd like to get my money back. Not only her money, but the money for her husband, and the other couple she was with.

I told her I really couldn't do that and she got angry with me and started to cause a scene. I had people in line behind her. I asked her to step aside so we could help the folks coming in for tonights show and she refused. I then told her she'd need to come with me to the office to discuss this. She followed me to the office which freed up my line and I picked up the phone. She asked who I was calling and I told her the local PD. She asked why and I told her I thought the police would do a good job at resolving this issue.

She waited they showed up, they told her that's not the way things worked and sent her on her way.

Man - where do they come from and why do they keep sending them to me?

So how is everybody? I've lurked a few times but I've been unable to post. I'm still doing work on the theatre. I'm waiting for my rectifier to come from Strong. Has anybody had problems with delivery from these guys? I seem to be getting jerked around. I should have had the thing two weeks ago, still not here. I'm considering a stop payment and looking for a new source. Comments?

Have a great day everybody.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-31-2003 02:17 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ray - welcome back. I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering how things were going for you. Glad to hear things are good except for the occasional crazy person.

BTW - You might want to consider changing the heading for this thread as it is kind of a "teaser" heading. "Update from Ray" or something similar might be more specific.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 07-31-2003 07:59 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back Ray!

Please change the header...teasers aren't allowed and I'm sure as soon as one of the mods get their ass moving they'll move this to yak....Mods...? WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?

Hmmm, too bad I can only do the political forum...dooooooooo do do do do.....

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 07-31-2003 08:05 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear life is interesting for you Ray!

And as per Chipper's wishes... we move the thread to yak.

Ron Keillor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2003 09:15 PM      Profile for Ron Keillor   Email Ron Keillor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They exist everywhere.
The lady arrived late for the show, early in the run, and the house was "sold out", at least no doubles left. She pleaded with staff to check the auditorium for a single, "anywhere" as she really wanted to see the film. A seat was found, she bought the ticket, knowing she was late, and went in.
She came out 15 minutes later to ask for a refund, as the film, SCHINDLER'S LIST, was too violent and she didn't like war movies.

Ray Bernardi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2003 08:48 AM      Profile for Ray Bernardi   Email Ray Bernardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a first for me, accused of teasing! I guess it should have been here in Yak but what do I know. Like I said - I just wanted to say howdy all. I start Pirates tonight. It's going to rain here, should be a good night.

Jon Bartow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2003 07:20 AM      Profile for Jon Bartow   Email Jon Bartow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ray, Stong is usually very good about shipping out equipment. I assume you have called and asked about the unit?

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2003 09:44 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would bevery cautious about bringing customers to your office.

Ray Bernardi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2003 09:18 AM      Profile for Ray Bernardi   Email Ray Bernardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strong finally did ship the rectifier. It was installed and did not work. I'm not real happy with the way things have gone lately. I'm trying real hard to make sure I have good equipment and present "film done right" but it sure is not easy. For some reason I can't seem to get the stuff I need in a timely fashion. I know I'm small beans but damn it my money is good. It's hard to come by and when I write the check in good faith, that's what I expect back. I'm kind of down about the whole thing right now. I suppose it'll get better, but how much is that gonna cost me???

As far as bringing people to the office, what's wrong with that? There's nothing there they can't see, I'm not alone with them there's others around... I don't get it?

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2003 02:30 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was an assistant manager once, so I hopped around a lot from box to door to concession, etc. as people went on break. I had this lady with two other people come up and buy tickets from me when I was in box. The show was packed, and I told her that her group might have to split up. "Oh, we don't care, haha!" She seemed in a good mood and we talked a little while waiting for the credit card to go through.

Well, they go into the movie and I switch to door. A few minutes later, they come out, and the lady seems irate. She proceeds to tell me that "The guy who sold me the tickets said there were PLENTY of seats and he LIED to me..." I reminded her that I sold her the tickets and recalled part of our conversation.

She was stunned! Then she got all embarrassed and huffy and started the usual, "WE'RE LEAVING!" spiel. She stormed out the door, not even stopping to look back at the other two she was with, who went back into the movie. I hope she wasn't their ride! [Razz]

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: