Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Gigli Delayed To August 1st (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Gigli Delayed To August 1st
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 08:01 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two more days of waiting...will you be able to handle it?

Gigli starring Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has been pushed from its July 30th release date to August 1st. The movie will now go head-to-head with American Wedding.

OH NO, I am devastated. [Roll Eyes] Guess I'll have to stick to the tabloids for my Jenn and Benn fix. [Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Nicholas Roznovsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 09:56 PM      Profile for Nicholas Roznovsky   Author's Homepage   Email Nicholas Roznovsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure it can be downloaded from somewhere by now. [Wink]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 01:28 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell kind of title is GIGLI?!?! How is that pronounced?
Is it like "jiggly"; as in "her tits are jiggly when she runs"?

Bad idea to release a film with a title people are not sure how to say.

danny

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 01:31 AM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've heard, it's "zhi-li".

Italian, I think.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 07-25-2003 05:19 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, this is a dumb title.

The correct pronunciation is "ZHEE-ylee" but I've heard it being referred to as "jiggly" and "giggly." It is, indeed an Italian word and I'm sure the movie will attempt to enlighten us as to its meaning. As for me, I'm not that interested. I saw the trailer and couldn't get past Affleck's thick accent.

I'm also not gonna be a sucker to waste time and money in hopes of witnessing "chemistry" between the stars (Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez) who -- for those reading this in the future -- are currently f**cking.

Speaking of which, there's another movie coming out called "Grind" which, down here in The Bahamas, means "f*ck." There goes the A-Rating!

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 05:48 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Usually not a good sign when a movie is pushed back. I can't think of a GOOD movie that was pushed back in its release.

Ron Lacheur
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 08:23 PM      Profile for Ron Lacheur   Email Ron Lacheur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pluto Nash [Razz]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-26-2003 02:03 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what...two days. All I can say is thank god it is no longer opening on a Wednesday. It will perform like all of J-LO's movies. [bs]

quote:
I can't think of a GOOD movie that was pushed back in its release.
Whether you thought it was good or not Titanic was originally a summer 97 release. Now the movies production may have caused the release to be pushed back. But it still was a push back situation.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2003 02:18 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I can't think of a GOOD movie that was pushed back in its release."

Arlington Road

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-27-2003 12:42 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pluto Nash [Razz]
Pluto Nash was one of the better films from last summer. In my opinion it was much better that Men In Black 2.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-28-2003 12:43 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OMG OMG OMG I neeeed my J-lo and Ben Assflex fixxx!!!!!! OMG I NEEED GIGLI!!!!!!!! I can't wait any longerr!

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2003 02:19 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, you're getting very impatient in your old age.

Besides I'm sure that the director's cut DVD is already out there somewhere on the Internet. Complete with cast interviews, behind the scenes, and shots from the Premiere.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-28-2003 04:39 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But ittzssz Giglgigigli!!!!!!! I must seeeee it oh it is gonna rullle!!!!!!1!!!!!

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2003 02:52 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, damn, now my week is all shot to hell. I had already got the day off to camp out in front of the theater to be the VERY FIRST to see that, now it's 2 days later! I guess I'm going to have to bring a tent!!

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2003 11:50 AM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One critic said it's even WORSE than Swept Away.

Supposedly they had to give away tickets to the premiere just to fill the auditorium, and during the show several people walked out. [Roll Eyes]

This is going to be a HUGE blockbuster [Big Grin]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: