Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Most Annoying Web Page (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Most Annoying Web Page
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 12:52 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...can be found here.

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 01:26 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are an evil evil man

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 07-24-2003 02:34 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ken,

I thought your topic was funny but the humor was very brief when I had enough and had to log off from the internet and resume down loading tons of digital pictures I shot in California early last week and at a large wedding last weekend. Most links provides exits but yours did not and after spending precious time trying to find a way out, I had to take drastic action by restarting my computer and that was NOT FUNNY! [Frown]

-Claude

[ 07-24-2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Claude S. Ayakawa ]

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 04:05 AM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can just hold down the enter key until it comes up with the second page

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-24-2003 09:32 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude, just press CNTRL/ALT/DELETE, if you ever need to find an "emergency exit" to anything. That'll at least get you back to your desktop quickly.

Btw, Ken, it would've been much more nefarious if it had uncontrollable popups breeding uncontrollable popups. Then, not only would it inconvenience people, it might also crash their computer! [evil]

[Roll Eyes]

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 09:47 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't notice that the dialog boxes were modal until I read Claude's post. However, the browser can be killed from the task manager. Under Windows, Ctrl-Alt-Delete will bring up the task manager will work. Under UNIX, do a ps command to find the process id of the browser and do kill -9 process_number .

I also experimented and found that holding the space bar down will go through the dialog boxes very rapidly, except for the name and suggestion entries. I was able to go through all 150 in about 10 seconds that way when experimenting.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 07-24-2003 09:49 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The site's made for people who don't know much about computers to piss them off because they really DON'T know how to get out of it! I thought it was pretty funny! [Smile]

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 11:13 AM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! that site is blocked by our firewall. LOL

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 01:10 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for clarification, it is not MY site. I found it somewhere. Claude, I am sorry it caused you such inconvienience. (Did I spell that correctly [Confused] )

Duncan Smith
Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 03:53 PM      Profile for Duncan Smith   Email Duncan Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, your replies were making me laugh so hard I had to check it out. When I got stuck it just got funnier and funnier!

Sent it to a few friends. This kind of stuff appeals to my darker sense of humour big time!

[Big Grin]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-24-2003 06:53 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Embarrassed] [fu] [thumbsdown] [sex]

At least I was able to close it via task manager in 2000 pro. [Smile]

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2003 07:30 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After the dialogue boxes showed up, I just held down the "ENTER" key for about 10-seconds and it flew through the thing. Even got a congratulatons screen at the end.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-24-2003 07:44 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved it! [evil] [beer] [Razz] [evil]

>>> Phil

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-25-2003 02:29 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone want to place bets that the mods edit the link out of Ken's post and lock the thread with a grumpy message? I'm taking bets, odds are 1,000,000-1 they'll leave the thread open [Smile] .

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-25-2003 03:00 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Why Dustin? Cuz of two grumpy complaints? Geeze! It takes at least 5 complaints to close a thread! [evil]

>>> Phil

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: