Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What a balls up!

Author Topic: What a balls up!
Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2003 02:41 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From our local free paper Metro today:

A burglar dropped a bollock when he broke into the home of pensioners Joyce and Leslie Edwards.
The clumsy thief slipped as he tried to climb through their window and sliced off one of his testicles on the shards of glass caused when the pane shattered under his weight.
The raider's plight was discovered by 80-year-old Mrs Edwards who heard the sound of crashing glass in her bathroom

When she went to investigate, she found the man dangling half in and half out of the window - his private parts firmly impaled on a vicious spike of glass and blood pouring from his wounds.
"He cried out to me 'I'm dying, please help me' but I was so cross I shouted back 'good!' and ran out of the house," said sprightly Mrs Edwards.
The thief, who had tried to climb in through the Edwards' metal framed windows at their bungalow home in Crowthorne, Berks., had slipped as he tried to open the top quarter-light.
Moments later his feet crashed though the big frosted glass window, sending lethally sharp fragments everywhere.
Worse was to come because as he slid forward, the glass sliced his right testicle, his groin was cut in numerous places - and he became trapped by his belt which hooked over the window handle peg.
Mrs Edwards said: "He was screaming blue murder but I was in no mood to be sympathetic.
"He was trying to burgle our house while we were asleep and goodness knows what he might have done if he had got into the house before we woke up.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 07-11-2003 03:16 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd nominate him for a Darwin award.

In yesterday's local paper:

quote:
A woman deliberately left a 12ft python behind when she left her council flat following a dispute. The unnamed tenant of a council flat in Lydney, Glos., told officials by 'phone that 'I'm catching a train to Norfolk and I'm not coming back. I've left a Burmese python in the flat.' Housing officers rang the RSPCA, which sent two inspectors to collect the four-stone snake which they found curled up and asleep in the living room. It is being cared for at a reptile centre in Birmingham. A spokesman for Forest of Dean district council said: 'It is the strangest thing a tenant has ever told our housing department.'

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: