Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » More Terminator movies? James Cameron's reaction.

Author Topic: More Terminator movies? James Cameron's reaction.
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2003 03:47 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nick Stahl told the Los Angeles Times that he is actually signed for two more Terminator films. Whether a fourth, and possibly fifth, Terminator film ever gets made remains a question.

Credit: LA Times

James Cameron told BBC1 that he enjoyed Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines despite having part of him wanting it to do bad since he was no longer part of the franchise.

"In one word : Great. There was a small part of me that hoped it wasn't good - but another part of me hope'd it succeeded. And it did. And I'm so glad it did. Jonathon's made a great movie. Arnold's in great form. I really like what he's done with it."

Cameron did add that he would have done things different:

"Yes. That's only natural. I mightn't have structrued it the same, nor may I have ended it the same way - but coming in where he has, such a hard thing to do, and I give [director] Jonathan Mostow points for it."

Cameron also confirmed that he is working on a new Alien movie. He added that Arnold Schwarzenegger could be involved in the new film.

Cameron also took a few shots at David Fincher and the job he did with Alien 3. "It stunk, but hopefully I'll get a chance to rectify all that," he said.

Credit: BBC1, Cinecon.com

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-08-2003 04:33 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how well T3 is doing, but it was a disappointment for us. It didn't do as well as expected on any of our screens.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-08-2003 04:45 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Cameron is a pain in the ass to work with! I worked with him when we did Universal's T2-3D shows...all 3 of 'em!

I think most of his stuff sucks! Except for (most of)the Terminator series, (most of)the Alien stuff... oh and the .... Ummmm nevermind. [Big Grin] But the sinking of the big ship still stinks to high heaven! [bs]

It just goes to show ya, If you're a perfectionist and a prick, you can make great shows!!!! [beer]

>>> Phil

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-08-2003 05:26 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who the living hell is Nick Stahl? Sounds like a loser to me. Since I don't know who he is, it would probably be best if he were shot.

Phil, I am betting that it was YOU who was hard to work with.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-08-2003 05:36 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, Joe, Joe.... that's calling the pot black.... [evil]

>>> Phil

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-08-2003 06:14 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Feh.... I wasn't there so no it isn't! Everyone loves me anyway. If they don't, I injure them.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-08-2003 07:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Nick Stahl is actually from around Dallas. His first role was in Mel Gibson's "Man Without A Face" and he did a damned good job at it. Check the IMDB. He is a very good actor.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-08-2003 08:07 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno... anyone who has an "h" in their last name frightens me.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-08-2003 09:07 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't he the son in "In The Bedroom" who got murdered? [Checks IMDB...] Yep. He actually has a pretty lengthy acting resume...

Nick Stahl at imdb

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2003 10:13 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BEWARE of the H man................ [evil]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-08-2003 10:34 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
anyone who has an "h" in their last name frightens me
I have an "H" in my first and my last name. "Stahl" is German and means "steel".

Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2003 12:20 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I hear that name, I always think of Jerry Stahl, of "Permanent Midnight" fame.

Terminator 3 has done pretty poorly for us as well. It's been beat out by Finding Nemo almost every show of the day so far, and now 28 Days Later is also starting to beat it out too. This whole week has really been a testiment to "word-of-mouth" promotion, for better or worse.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-09-2003 04:15 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another "H" man here, too! [Eek!]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-09-2003 07:35 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would run away, but I'm too lazy. [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-10-2003 04:01 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
But of course if one has an "h" in their 1st name, it cancels out the negative from the "h" in the last name....

>>> Phil

Ummmm... pHil Hill

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: