Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The best manual ever (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The best manual ever
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-05-2003 03:13 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously here, check out today's update for the Mackie mixer. Many theaters have a mixer and some microphones and maybe a video projector for business meeting rentals and such, and Mackie's manuals are reason enough to support their product.

Really, just read the manual. It's hilarious! This has to be one of the best manuals of all time.

|  IP: Logged

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 07-05-2003 03:18 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mackie's manuals generally kick much ass. [Smile] [Big Grin]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-05-2003 03:46 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree! They not only have great manuals, their equipment kicks ass too!

>>> Phil

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-05-2003 08:41 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, this manual is available for download from Mackie in pdf form. You might want to resource it from there.

However, I'll put a RANE manual up against a Mackie manual any day. RANE rules in the manual department.

Steve

Barry Hans
Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2003 10:22 AM      Profile for Barry Hans   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Hans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mackie equipment has served us well over the years. The manuals are great on everything they make. We use the 1202 mixer, the SRM 450 powered speaker for out door events ( great spl and dispersion for the size and weight ) and their 1400 series amps. All have been trouble free for years! Their product catalogs are full of good information too.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-05-2003 06:23 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get enough of my Makie 8 bus manual (Basicly the texbook for a college course im taking) . These guys have to much time on there hands!

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-05-2003 06:31 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<Double Post>

I have goot to get out of the habit of using the back button in forums.

[ 07-06-2003, 03:53 AM: Message edited by: Mike Olpin ]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2003 06:48 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get enough of people repeating thier posts. These guys have too much time on thier hands! [Razz]

=TMP=

Matt Hale
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2003 06:50 PM      Profile for Matt Hale   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Hale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you referring to the digital 8 bus or the analog 8 bus? I had a first edition of the digital 8 bus manual. Only manual for anything that advised me to go get a nice cold beer...
[beer]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-05-2003 06:52 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't get enough of people repeating thier posts. These guys have too much time on thier hands! [Razz]

BTW, Mike, please refer to my signature for help with the "there" and "their".

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-05-2003 07:13 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend name Manuel who kind of cool but I wouldn't call him the best. [beer]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-05-2003 07:13 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmm Mike (Schaffer), you mean Tom.....

(Did you go to school in Michigan?) [Razz]

I agree about the differences AND the spelling of those words...but you forgot to include "they're" in your pet peeves.

>>> Phil

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 07-06-2003 03:59 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Analog 8-bus. The new eddition of the manual, not the old POS confusing version that came with it.

About my spelling:
i spent most of my time in public school, so naturaly, i know nothing about spelling and grammer [Razz]

[ 07-06-2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Mike Olpin ]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-06-2003 07:34 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK Mike "double post" Olpin, but now you are one of those who actually have the priviledge of being able to go to college, so no further excuses!

Steven Privett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-07-2003 11:12 PM      Profile for Steven Privett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for posting that great manual. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: