Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Cat killer (s) in Colorado and Utah

Author Topic: Cat killer (s) in Colorado and Utah
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 07-03-2003 03:52 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a news report in my local newspaper, the Honolulu Advertiser from a Los Angeles Times syndicated article about a rash of cat killings in Colorado and Utah. So far 45 cats in the Denver area and 10 in Salt Lake City has been reported killed. A reward up to $12,000 has been offered by baffled law enforcement and animal welfare groups for the capture and conviction of the killer (s).

I feel all life is precious and no effort should be spared to apprehend the perpetrator of this terrible deed of killing innocent animals.

-Claude

[ 07-04-2003, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Claude S. Ayakawa ]

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-03-2003 04:01 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if that's related to the cattle mutilations that have been going on in that part of the country?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-03-2003 06:57 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although cats are not my favorite animals, I fully agree with Claude.

People who mutilate animals (and humans as well) are very sick, and should be delt with accordingly. Maybe the punishment to those "sickos" should be the same as what they did....only slower.

But no, that is not politically correct. Chances are, the judje will pat the offender on the Poo Poo and tell him/her that he is a "naughty person" and should not do things like that.

I get extremely pissed when I read about the "Poo Poo" thing. [Mad]

Not related to the thread, but once we were "broken into" at the theatre....they were caught. But part of their punishment was "community service" and the [fu] judge wanted the owner to hire that person at a wage higher that what he was paying others to do the same job. Jeeze.....what a load of [bs] [thumbsdown]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-03-2003 09:38 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed,
Another cat was found dead yesterday at a golf course south of Salt Lake City. What was found was only the front half of the cat with no organs and no blood left. To me seems like some sort of cult following as all the animals found were missing their organs and had little to no blood left in them. I hope they catch whomever is doing this and remove his/her [evil] organs too!!

They still have not found any connection between the killings in SLC and in Denver although the two police departments have been cooperating with each other. So far as I know they don't even have a clue in either city [Confused] .
Mark

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2003 01:18 AM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live about 5 blocks from where a lot of the dead cats here in Denver are turning up. I have noticed that my neighbors aren't letting there cats out anymore & the apartment complex has issued warnings to its residents about the "Serial Cat Killer".

Sad & Sick that people can do that to innocent animals.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-04-2003 03:11 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a lot of these are "copycat" killings. No pun intended. Really. I wouldn't mind if it were being done to chihuahuas or other similar rat-type dogs, but doing this to cats is going too far. (Note: KIDDING!!!!!).

One more reason to keep your cats indoors people!

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2003 08:44 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been following this on TV.

I like the idea of performing a blood draining on the person(s) that are doing this.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-04-2003 10:27 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's horrid.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: