Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Man Swims Entire Columbia River!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Man Swims Entire Columbia River!!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-02-2003 06:44 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to say that I bet he suffered from shrinkage a wee bit!!
Pretty amazing feat taking over a year. Her eis the link to the article.....
http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=science&cat=environment_and_nature

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-02-2003 06:46 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he had to walk a little....around the hydro-electric dams - unless he took a trip through the turbines or over the spillways.... [Big Grin]

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2003 06:54 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if the water didn't get him, it sounds like the cancer will. I respect this man's courage and ideals, but I can never figure out what makes these environmentalists tick. It sounds a lot like the woman who lived in the California redwood tree for years just so nobody could cut it down.

I've never been to the Pacific Northwest, though my uncle begs me each year to visit his home in Washington. I think i would like to see the Columbia River simply because of its initimate connection with American history. Mark's link mentions the Lewis and Clark Expedition. A great book associated with this group's experiences on the Columbia is Undaunted Courage by famed historian Stephen Ambrose.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-02-2003 09:13 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron, Washington State is, indeed, a beautiful state, as long as you are west of the Cascade Mountains.

However, when it comes to our "tax and spend" policy, it sucks wherever you go.

Dick Prather
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2003 10:05 PM      Profile for Dick Prather   Email Dick Prather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
Don't forget the beauty of your neighbor to the south

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 07-02-2003 11:49 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Dick - Oregon is superb. You guys got more trees than we do. [Smile]

For a while, some were thinking of calling us the "Everstump" State because of the logging going on. [Frown]

John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2003 12:04 AM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also don't forget your neighbor even farther to the south, good ole California [Roll Eyes] . I remember when Paul came through and he could not wait to get out.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-03-2003 12:22 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like it here.

John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2003 12:24 AM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like it here as well. Im up north in the mountains. Its a very pretty area I live in. Its just that things like gasoline are so damn expensive as compared to other places.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-03-2003 12:29 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is that outfit? Do you participate in live-action science fiction roleplaying?

John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2003 01:51 AM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA. That was my outfit to do an emergency lamp change before we had the proper gear. My boss made me wear that. Got the lamp fixed though.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-03-2003 01:56 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the bullet proof vest. But remember that it is far more important to protect your throat, wrists and hands!

John Westlund
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2003 02:03 AM      Profile for John Westlund   Email John Westlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have the full outfit now. I had to wear the bullet proof vest though. It made a great picture [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 07-03-2003 02:10 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate California. The only places worse are Utah, Oregon, and Washington...in reverse order.

I like Texas...except Brad lives here.

>>> Phil

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 07-03-2003 02:58 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
California is really very nice, Phil, especially when you are in Texas!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: