Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Hollywood Homicide: Gone already!

Author Topic: Hollywood Homicide: Gone already!
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-02-2003 12:38 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, did that one ever disappear quickly around here. Last week it was down to just a couple evening shows a day. This week: GONE! Harrison Ford's last couple of movies have been bombs (K-19 for example).

|  IP: Logged

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2003 12:53 PM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never thought of Harrison Ford as a good actor or even ok. He has that mono tone voice that puts me to sleep. He was good in the 80's but he never got back to making action movies.

The only recent movie I liked him in was "Six Days and Seven Nights".

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-02-2003 01:43 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When he gets desperate enough for another big hit, like Ah-nuld, THAT'S when they'll finally make "Indy 4."

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2003 05:17 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood Homicide is already playing the McMenamins brew pub theater (Olympic Club) in Centralia, Wash.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2003 06:41 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too lost my print of Hollywood Homicide today. I figured it would have been around longer. Also gone in less than two weeks, From Justin to Kelly, and of course Alex and Emma.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-02-2003 08:13 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's not confuse quickness of stay with quality of film.

Hollywood homicide is guilty only of trying to succeed in a genre that continuously fails, time and time again.

It didn't have special effects, it didn't have some old chick called the oracle, it didn't have a terminator, it didn't have any bad boys... etc.

It failed simply because it chose its way to failure. How many blockbuster films have we had this year that actually sucked, and bad.. but yet they made money because they have all that aforementioned stuff.

Hollywood keeps churning out drivel. most of it can be entertaining, but most of it is fit mostly for the small screen. even George Lucas is pouring out crap.

I am really surprised that any of these movies last longer than four weeks or so. But if you compare the box take from week to week, it almost feels like they should be gone. These movies have no staying power, and all we have to look forward to is more crap.

Dave

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2003 07:28 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One look at the trailer and I could tell Hollywood Homicide wouldn't last 3 weeks. OTOH the Reading Cinemas in Manville is still playing it with the Reading ban on Fox and Universal.

X2 opened to mucho hype on 5/2 -- it's now out of theaters where I live. The Matrix Reloaded opened to mucho hype on 5/16 -- now it's doubled up for nights only in the theaters that are still playing it.

At the AMC Hamilton, Bend It Like Beckham has outlasted X2 and might outlast The Matrix Reloaded. [Big Grin]

[ 07-03-2003, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Charles Everett ]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-03-2003 08:40 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was still playing fist run in some theatres down in St. George UT. when I was there Monday and Tuesday. T-3 may have sent it on its way though...
Mark

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-04-2003 12:02 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I'm talking about! These pictures have no legs anymore!

Dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: