Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Anyone planning on buying Star Wars: Galaxies... DONT

Author Topic: Anyone planning on buying Star Wars: Galaxies... DONT
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2003 12:52 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now many people are considering this the worst game launch in gaming history. There are a zillion bugs, the servers keep crashing, the servers that are working are usually full. There are video card issues, firewall issues, the list goes on and on. It will probably be best to wait at least a month for some of these issues to clear up (Hopefully).

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board?board.id=Techsupport

|  IP: Logged

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2003 01:22 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in the beta up to two weeks ago.. there was absolutely no way that this should have been released so soon.. half the things were not even finished..

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2003 07:56 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another link to a review of this game. And once again I urge those of you out there not to waste your money. I am going to try to return mine tomorrow.

http://content.guru3d.com/article.php?cat=&id=49

Quote from above review:

"Before I start, I need you all to relate with me on a different level to the point I am going to try and make. Ready? Good. Imagine you are in a restaurant in which you have to pay a $15.00 a month membership fee to eat there. You buy your dinner at $49.99; which on the menu looks like a perfectly cooked steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, a side of corn bread and a tall ice cold beverage. Then the server comes up with your raw hamburger, white potato soup, and a glass of rusty water. Now imagine the server telling you that in order to be able to get the meal you saw on the menu, you'll have to pay your membership fee for 6 months, and then the possibility of seeing that meal will come to arise, but we cannot make any promises."

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-30-2003 12:33 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably another example of:

"Let's get it on the streets now, and worry about making it work later."

Seems more and more manufacturers are practicing that philosophy, and it really sucks! [Mad]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: