Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Info on old projector on ebay

Author Topic: Info on old projector on ebay
Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 10:47 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found this on ebay. Whats the scoop on this model?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3531145383&category=197

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-25-2003 11:04 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kind of looks like an old Century, but the framing knob has the location of a Simplex. The shutter schroud looks like a Super Simplex, and the intermittant looks like a Century mounted Backwards.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-25-2003 11:12 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually the Superior Blue Seal projectors are quite sought after by collectors and they are quite rare. This one may get quite a few bids!! Some collectors think it may have been the forerunner of the Century C. The movement and some of the gearing have similarities. I once had a manual for these and I think that Dick Prather has one.
Mark @ CLACO

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-26-2003 12:00 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet this one is worth a couple of bucks. [Smile]

-

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 06-26-2003 12:41 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that one of Sears' models?

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 06-26-2003 01:09 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. I think it is an actual company. it is a 1910 model, I think.

Here is a link to about 2,500 vintage cameras and projectors.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~wichm/cinelist.html

Dick Prather
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2003 03:44 AM      Profile for Dick Prather   Email Dick Prather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark is correct, it is a Superior Model A or Blue Seal. It was made in NY and this model was made in the 1940's and possibly 50's. It was compitition to the to the Century C, Simplex E-7, Wenzel Ace, Etc. You can find adds in theatre magazines of the period. I do have a working model and the factory manual for it. The only ones I ever saw were in Canada which is where mine came from. Sort of a cross between a Century and a Standard / Super. Used standard soundhead mounting and drive gears with a Simplex pinion. Superior did make earlier models going back to the silent days.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: