Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Really Weird Dream

Author Topic: Really Weird Dream
John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2003 02:23 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's The Way It Is

Flat 1.85 (hard-matted)
8 reels
SR-D/DTS/SDDS(6)

Why am I posting print info for a film that doesn't exist?

Last night I had a dream. I was working in the booth of a four-screener at about midnight on a Thursday. There were 2 films being broken down. The distrubutor of "That's The Way It Is" had requested the print be wound tails-out for shipping, So it had been rewound onto house reels and I had just finished winding reel number 8 (The last one) onto the shipping reel tails-out. I took it off the rewind bench and was going to put it in the can when I discovered that there was only ONE FILM CAN in the entire booth, and it wasn't for "That's The Way It Is"! (It was for some kiddie movie.)

So here I am with the last reel of a film and this is when I realize it's a dream because 1. If it were real I would remember where I had put the other 7 reels, 2. I don't work at a 4-screener (or any thater for that matter) and 3. I woke up.

|  IP: Logged

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-24-2003 08:15 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, was Brad in it? ...and naked? If not, it WAS a weird dream....

>>>Phil

Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 12:13 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
God I hate work dreams.

Once, while sleeping on my freinds floor, I had this odd work dream. In the dream I was completely conscious of where I was, laying on the floor, but also knew that over at my theater, one of my Strong platters was developing a wrap. So in my dream I freaked out and was trying to think of ways I could get all the way up to my theater to stop the wrap before the show was lost. I don't remember much more about it, except that at one point I went to the upstairs of my freinds house and found a Christie platter paying out in one of the closets, which stressed me out even more, because the platter I was looking for was a Strong... [Mad]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-25-2003 01:04 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not everyone dreams about me naked, Phil. That's just you.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-25-2003 01:16 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And me! [Big Grin]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-25-2003 05:46 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I dreamed in multichannel sound, but then the Center EQ card went bad and I couldn`t hear the dialogue anymore. So I have no idea what the dream was about.

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 06-25-2003 08:33 AM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I was going to ask if your dream involved Christie platters when you broke it down, because it is entirely possible that they ate the other 7 reels, and the film cans, and probably anything else within 2 feet that couldn't move out of the way....

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-25-2003 12:17 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On occasion, I've had dreams where the visuals were so bad that I wanted to tweak the focus and/or shutter timing. How pathetic is that?

And, yes, I've had the "locked out of the booth and about to miss a changeover" dream that I'm sure that many others have had, too.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-25-2003 04:33 PM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Long ago, when I was but a wee lad, I had a dream that began with curtains opening. I have also had dreams with jump cuts.

I have heard other film students tell of dreams containing boom mikes descending "into frame" and also inadvertent reflections of camera crews in windows and mirrors.

In real life I have had moments that made me wish I had been recording because my dialogue was particularly good. On one occasion, that thought was actually interrupted by someone yelling "cut!" but it had nothing to do with my "scene." There was a TV commercial or something being filmed on that same street.

I dream in color.

Oh, yeah...there was that one dream about Brad's BBQ surprise...

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2003 07:21 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm beginning to understand, why shrinks have better outcome and less unemployed people than film projectionists over there [Big Grin]

p.

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2003 03:52 PM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never had any dreams about projection until lastnight.

I was running "Living Sea" , and for some reason the film flattner had a huge peice of dust. I kept switching from single to double and it would not come off. It kept getting bigger. I had compaints but i didn't want to stop the projector. GLad it was only a dream.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: