Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Price these components!

Author Topic: Price these components!
Antonio Marcheselli
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Antonio Marcheselli   Author's Homepage   Email Antonio Marcheselli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone!

Let's suppose I have the chance to buy some JBL 4638 LF speaker, plus some JBL big horns (I believe with 2240 driver), few 8340 surrounds and a ARX cinema pro crossover.

This equipment is in very good shape but has 10 years of life. What is in your opinion a right price (a piece for the time!).

Thanks!

bye
A

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-09-2003 07:59 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antonio,
The whole idea is to beat their price down as low as you can go and still haul all it out of there...... Just imagine that you are dealing with a tight wad French Canadian!! They're the worst on the planet to deal with..... That should make it all easier.
Mark

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 06-09-2003 08:45 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Used equipment should go for 30% of the discounted list price of the equipment when it was new.Rule of thumb

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-09-2003 09:15 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Bob said but that is in the mind set that the stuff is in very fair to perfect working condition. Anything wrong with the equiptment (even if it is still runnable) lowers the selling price. If its in perfect working order start your offer at 40%-50% off the original selling price...see if they bite and go up from there. Ebay is also pretty helpful to see what similar items are going for...try some searches and see if there is anything similar to what you are getting on there, at least that would be a way to compare...

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 06-10-2003 01:30 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just imagine that you are dealing with a tight wad French Canadian!! They're the worst on the planet to deal with..... That should make it all easier.
That's of no use... there's nothing you would want to buy from a French Canadian! [Big Grin]

Hmmm... I haven't been to Kbec for quite some time, maybe I should renew my passport and visit sometime. [Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: