Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Superstar Manilow Breaks Nose

Author Topic: Superstar Manilow Breaks Nose
John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2003 12:19 AM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I should put this in the joke forum. I think it's pretty funny.

A lifetime of touring, waking up in a different hotel room nearly every morning, you'd think superstar Barry Manilow would know his way around his own bedroom. After spending two weeks in Malibu, producing the up-coming Rosemary Clooney tribute album for Bette Midler, Manilow returned to his Palm Springs home. Awoken in mid-sleep, he found himself disoriented (thinking he was still in Malibu) and walked into a wall breaking his nose.

"Too many hotels," says Manilow. "In the middle of the night, I veered to the left instead of the right and slammed right into the wall." He passed out for four hours. Laughing out loud, he offers, "At least I didn't pee in the closet!"

The singer with the already large proboscis says, "I may have to have my nose fixed and with this nose it's going to require major surgery!" He's all right now, but he's got quite a bump. "My luck, I couldn't have broken my knee like Liza?" Manilow jokingly asks, referring to his famous profile.

Manilows health, voice and humor are intact, as he continues to work daily on his up coming projects. The unstoppable workaholic, Manilow is committed to finishing the mixing of both the Midler album and his own 2-disc live recording, "Two Nights Live," as well as beginning rehearsals for the Manilow/Bruce Sussman original stage muscial, HARMONY, scheduled to open in Ft. Lauderale, FL in October with sights on Broadway for early '04. If and when he slows down - and once the swelling is gone, he'll seek doctor's advice on surgery, but has no intention of having a "nose job," to alter his looks.

"You should see the wall," says Manilow, laughing again.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: