Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » My Mother has Died. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: My Mother has Died.
Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-07-2003 10:27 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mother died suddenly yesterday morning, apparently of heart failure. Dad took her to the hospital about 3:00am, because she was complaining of chest, neck, and shoulder pains; and her arms were numb. They ran some tests and sent her back home at 6:00am, saying they could find nothing wrong. At 11:00am, she died.

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, and Brad, please forgive me if it isn't, but I don't exactly know what to do with myself. I've never lost anyone before. It hurts that I can never talk with her again. I keep finding myself wanting to phone her, and then suddenly realizing I can't.

Please say a prayer, my friends.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 06-07-2003 10:41 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Please don't think you can never talk to your mom again. On the contrary, you can now talk to her all the time because she will always be there with you. Be very still, open your heart, and you will hear her talking to you, too.

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2003 11:15 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, i am sorry to hear of your sudden loss, my thoughts are with you.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2003 11:25 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I'm very sorry for you.

When it happens suddenly, it's even worse. If she had been sick for a long time, it might be a little easier to take.

In my cases with death, it is never easy to take.

My best to you, Tim. I hope your father is OK.

Bruce

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-07-2003 12:00 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,
Sorry to hear about this....my thoughts are with you. My best friends dad died suddenly in a similar way a number of years ago. He was the stage manager at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre. They burried him with the familiar pencil tucked into his ear......
When I go, I want a toumbstone that looks like a DP-70!
Mark

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 06-07-2003 12:14 PM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, sorry to hear of your loss. I lost both of my parents already - both of them a bit more slowly though, my mother to concer and my father to a whole bunch of things, emphysema and a broken heart being the forefront. One thinks if they die slowly you will have more time to adjust, but that is not the case. It hurts just as much, and you have to spend all the time seeing them suffer on the way there.

All the best,
Don

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 06-07-2003 12:47 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My condolences on your loss. It is always difficult to lose a loved one. I too have felt that loss, from close friends to young nieces. Both my parents are very ill, my mother with diabetes and total renal failure, my father with a rare form of MS. I cannot be sure if it is easier to have years to prepare or not.

Take care of your self man.

Dave

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2003 12:58 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, that sucks way more than my cat dying. Heck, I'm over the cat, but you can never get over the loss of a parent.

Hang on to your dad, I'm sure you both need each other right now.

Jeff Taylor
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2003 01:01 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can feel for your loss, Tim. My mother died right in front of me last year--it's a tough one to get over. God bless.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 06-07-2003 03:01 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

I am almost 64 years old and up to five years ago, I still had both of my parents. I felt very fortunate when I realized that many of my friends who were the same age as me had lost theirs years ago and this gave me the false sense of satisfaction that made me think that my mom and dad were immortal and they will live forever or at least outlive me. Dad died in 1998, eight months shy of his 90th birthday but I am still blessed with the daily presence of my mother who had just celebrated her 84th birthday in January. I know the day will come soon when I will lose her too and I know how devastated I will be when that happens because more than anything, I love her the most!

You are much younger than I and losing your mother at this time is very tragic and I know how you are feeling at your profound loss. You have my deepest sympathies.

-Claude

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-07-2003 03:02 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear about your mom Tim. I wish both you and your dad the best. Just remember that your mother will always be with you both.

Best Wishes,
Rachel

Christian Appelt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2003 04:10 PM      Profile for Christian Appelt   Email Christian Appelt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

I wish you all the strength you need now.
People we love live on as a part of ourselves,
and nothing can take away what is in your heart.

Best wishes,

Chris

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2003 06:06 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim, I too feel your lost, I lost my mom 11 years ago, to this day I wish she could see me now & what I become, I think Steve said it best...never stop thinking or talking about her, & I know she will always be there to help you in spirit..remember Mom is always watching, May God Bless you & your family, one final thing, whatever you do...Make her proud, when she is talking to the angels, she can say..."That's My Boy" !!!

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2003 06:24 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

So sorry to hear of your loss. My parents are quite elderly, and I worry about them. My thoughts are with you.

I consider the Film-Tech regulars to be a close community. Even though I've only actually met a couple of participants, I feel I have known most of the people here for a very long time. I'm always glad to hear of the happy milestones of life, and saddened when one of us suffers a loss. This is the ideal place to post such things. Thank you for trusting us enough to share your loss.

[ 06-07-2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Mark Lensenmayer ]

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 06-07-2003 07:54 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about that Tim. I've never lost a close relative, and can only imagine how devastating it would be. Best wishes for you and your family during this difficult time.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: