Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Prices on cinema tickets - and "stuff".... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Prices on cinema tickets - and "stuff"....
Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-04-2003 05:07 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen

Now we have something to clear up, that has absolutely nothing to do with a DP70:

Tonight, while i was waiting for those damned 7 minutes end titles of Matrix 2 to get over, Danish television had a HBO doc running, visiting a Nevada w....house. Camera started at the boxoffice, where a man was told "half an hour - 500 bucks". House did not look very exclusive, and the job, costing those 500 dollars was 100 % normal missionaire business.

Your average cinema ticket is how much ? 6-7 dollars or so ?

If this is standard, i'm beginning to understand the expression "Happy Hooker". [Eek!]

p.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 06-04-2003 11:06 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm - what? I dont know what your talking about for the first part, however the average price for admission at most national chains is between 8-9 dollars, some are even at 10 dollars in densely populated areas.

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2003 12:08 AM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
w....house = where lad..s of the n...t work. aka cathouse. they put the spring in springfield.

Mike Pennell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2003 04:02 AM      Profile for Mike Pennell   Email Mike Pennell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what are they charging in denmark?
[Confused]

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2003 05:07 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From top to bottom in DK: 1.000 dollars would be the whole night in Your hotel, 75 $ a time, where the hygiene tops at a roll of kitchen paper beside the bed...

That means: one whole night top class = 100 cinema tickets in Denmark, but only 10 in the States [sex] [Eek!]

Again, it has been proved: Don't watch tv, when running films Yourself... (Do as Mike [Olpin]: Stay with Disney)

p.

[ 06-05-2003, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Per Hauberg ]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2003 05:47 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so confused [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2003 06:41 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And thereby the Stay-with-Disney Club got its member no. 2.

[evil]

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 06-05-2003 07:06 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per,

Was this the Show about the "Bunny Ranch"in Nevada. Had a Mother bringing in her son to learn about sex, a husband and wife coming in and each watched each other have sex..etc. This was a really weird show. I watched probably at the same time you did.

These people are laughing all the way to the bank. All of the girls are making six figure salaries. Go figure. I am [Cool] with it.

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2003 07:40 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right You are, Sir

Yeah - One of them girls claimed to make 45.000 $ (how often ??) - The BossLady talked about one day (was it ?) 72.000 $ in boxoffice, and her husband about getting laid all the time. (If its about lining up there after 10 paying customers on the same mattress, i don't envy him, but that's another story), but generally, You might suggest, we're in the wrong business. Then: what the f beep k - let's have a reissue of that old Chicken Ranch Movie instead.
It won't earn as much as those television-girls, but it won't give us any diseases either... [Big Grin]

p.

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 06-05-2003 08:24 AM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah hell.... Sean's not a bad guy... Don't call him a "member"!! [Smile]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2003 09:32 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you don! But I still have absoutley NO IDEA WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT!!! [Confused] [Eek!]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-05-2003 11:11 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One must remember that Nevada is the only state in the US where brothels are legal (in all but two counties here). So we do charge a certain "premium" above the price for the illegal kind readily available anywhere else in the US. Typically $200 USD and up depending on the "services rendered" (the actual wording used on the customer receipt).

And one never has to worry about diseases when patronizing the legal "ranches" here--all of them are regularly inspected and the girls have to meet strict state and county health code requirements.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2003 01:03 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh ok I get it now I am sorry guys I am a retard. [Embarrassed]

Don Bruechert
Mmmmmmmmm, bird!

- posted 06-06-2003 08:30 AM      Profile for Don Bruechert   Author's Homepage   Email Don Bruechert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are talking about a television show where the camera crew went to a whorehouse as a kind of documentary. They entered through a "box office" where they were charged $500 for a 1/2 hour "show", and it went on from there - people talking about various "charges", etc...

Hope that helps!

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2003 11:11 AM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When writing in a Forum, based in a country, where the television set says "beep" instead of most of the dialogue of certain foreign films, i found it necessary to camouflage my words, but i'm beginning to understand, that even in God's own place You do call a spade for a spade and a pussy for a beaver. [Razz]

Yeah - the tv show in focus also mentioned the strict medical rules, and i understand, that this expense will have to be paid for by someone - also that this "someone" will not be the host of them stables. -No bad idea, when all comes to all. I think, i'll manage without paying the ranch (or their colleagues i DK) any visit, but i sure did get curious, when i heard their prices and about the daily money-flow.

p.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: