Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Platter Kitty Dead (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Platter Kitty Dead
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2003 05:31 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Athena, my faithful companion these past 17 years will slip this mortal coil in the morning.

-

Athena: October 1986 - June 2nd, 2003

[Frown]

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-02-2003 05:48 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Ian. Just remember all the good times with your kitty. [Smile]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-02-2003 06:34 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about Athena, Ian. Looks like you will be needing to get a couple of kittens for your new house.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-02-2003 06:44 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry to hear of Athena's passing. [Frown] For a cat, 17 years is a good and long life. May her memory live on in the spirit of another fond pet.

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2003 07:36 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Sorry to hear about your loss, Ian. I'm sure she will have a nice, shiny platter system to rest on over here.

My lamphouse kitty sends her condolences, too.

-

--Jon (and Flashlight)

Edit...forgot my other cat, Cinema...Flashlight was on my lap when I wrote this yesterday.

[ 06-03-2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Jon Miller ]

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 12:15 AM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about your loss Ian.

Leo, Dusty and Nemo send their condolences too

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 06-03-2003 12:20 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister's cat sammy sends his wishes as well. just remember the good times.

Josh

Mathew Molloy
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 01:17 AM      Profile for Mathew Molloy   Email Mathew Molloy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear of your kitty's passing. My cats, Stimpy & Kelly send their condolences and rest assured, Athena will be scampering in catnip heaven.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 06-03-2003 01:36 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, I sincerely feel for you and I know what you are feeling. It is a very tough thing to deal with and every time I lost one of my "babies", I cried for days...and sometimes even now at their thought. It is sinful that we should get soooo attached to these unconditional companions.

"Ms. Holly Wood", "White Boy" and myself, pass along good wishes in your dark time.

Sincerely,

>>> Phil

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-03-2003 01:41 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, gee-whiz, Ian. Sorry to hear about that. That was a pretty old cat you had there... 17 years is a long time by any measure. [Frown]

Robert Golding
Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 04:14 AM      Profile for Robert Golding   Email Robert Golding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, sorry for your loss. I have 9 cats, 3 dogs, many chickens. etc. If you are ever up my way I'd be glad to lone you one or two.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-03-2003 04:32 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As above. The cat I grew up with, Jekyll, lived to be 23 (and in the course of so doing survived two road accidents and a broken leg) so no-one could say he didn't have a good innings - but it was still a wrench when the time finally came.

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 05:25 AM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear of your loss, my siamese is now 19yrs old and getting a little slow! remember the good times... [Smile]

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 07:53 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mini Me,
Sorry to here about your cat. I have lost a cat that I grew up with and it is hard.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2003 11:06 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Repeating all the above Ian. Sorry for your loss. We've got two cats at home with us, and they were our "boys" before we actually had real boys of our own. They are both tempermental and stubborn, and one of them constantly gorges himself with food at any given chance.

Even with their shedding and required "scooping", there's still nothing like a lazy Sunday afternoon - piled up in my recliner reading the Sunday paper and having an 18 pound cat lying on your chest poking his cold wet nose thru the newspaper, begging for some attention.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: