Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » "Anger Management" tune.

Author Topic: "Anger Management" tune.
John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2003 11:52 AM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear colleagues.
Would you know the name of the musical from which the Julie Andrews song "I feel pretty" comes. Was it "Star" or Mary Poppins"?
The song occurs several times during "Anger Management".
Regards. John S.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-30-2003 12:01 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

It's from "West Side Story" with Natalie Wood.

Maria's singing voice in the film was by Marni Nixon.

John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2003 12:29 PM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Bill. Thany you for the info. about the tune.
I showed WSS some years back, a long film with play-ins, interval and play-outs.
Was the film based on Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"?
Who could ever forget, "Gee officer Crumpkee, Crump you!"
My best regards. John S.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-30-2003 01:02 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a musical adaptation of Romeo & Juliet set in 60's New York City to the great music of Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim.

It's a class act in film making [thumbsup]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-30-2003 01:54 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I recall, the "extra features" on the new DVD of "West Side Story" has some of the original singing by Natalie Wood that was not used in the film. She sings quite well, as did Audrey Hepburn in the Marni Nixon voiced "My Fair Lady".

Oh, to see it in 70mm again!

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-30-2003 02:04 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MGM did a very nice job on the new "West Side Story" special edition DVD. We had a reel 1 of "WSS" in 70MM in the booth of the Chinese Theatre. It sounded SOOOOOOOO good. But that't the only way to see it in 70MM [thumbsup]

John P
Fox is releasing "Star!" and "Hello Dolly" on DVD on Aug. 19th.
also on the list is "The Rose", "All That Jazz".

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 05-30-2003 06:22 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let you know Bill that back in the late 1950's I use to second act West Side Story. I use to mingle with the crowds out smoking and wander back into the theatre when the lights flashed.

Usually ended up standing at the rail in the back of the orchestra. I think that I saw the whole show three times but I saw the second act at least 46 times.

Life was grand in the 50's

Chocolate Egg Cream, Please.......one more time. [Smile]

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-02-2003 09:06 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob

quote:
Life was grand in the 50's

Chocolate Egg Creams Please one more time

Now in it's Maartinis, Please one more round for the bar. [beer] [beer]

Bob, Can you use some of your Magic Powers to get Brad to get a Martini Graemlin. [Big Grin]

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 06-03-2003 11:51 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,everytime I see the word Martini, I pull out my shaker put in the ice pour a little vermouth shake it, drain it, pour in the 94 proof Gin shake some more, pour into a straight up Martini Glass.. sip and feel good all over and put on Walker Texas Ranger so I can watch all the bad Texas guy's go to jail. [Smile]

Do you think Brad will make a Martini Graemlin now.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 06-03-2003 12:26 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Bob

Maybe with that you may get your very own Bob Marr "Martini Graemlin".

Brad [Wink] Hint [Wink] Hint [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: