Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Two Year old rescued from running washing machine!

Author Topic: Two Year old rescued from running washing machine!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-25-2003 12:53 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is hard to believe but here it is........
Mark
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/05/25/washing.rescue.ap/index.html

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-25-2003 01:02 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That "mother" does not deserve to have children, not under any circumstances. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Patrick McDonough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2003 02:01 PM      Profile for Patrick McDonough   Email Patrick McDonough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should stick her in a washing machine.

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2003 02:04 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AGAIN?!?! Geeez, Mothers these days! That is no way to bathe a child. [Eek!]

Everyone knows that the only way to clean a dirty child is to scrub him down with the old wire brush. [Wink]

Didn't this happen just a few months back also?

Danny

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-25-2003 02:14 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The police only charged her with child endangerment!? It appears to me as a clear cut case of attempted murder.

That mother should have her ovaries removed.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 05-25-2003 09:23 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like she intended to use the machine as a holding pen for the kid. Maybe money had been inserted by someone else but not used which is why it started when she closed the door. Still inexcusable and she deserves jail time.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-26-2003 12:12 AM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Steve is right. In any case, the mother must have an IQ of a retarded ape.

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2003 09:01 AM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did she ever do this before? [Probably not.]
Would she have done it, had she known what would happen? [I hope not.]
Would she ever do it again?
Just a few thoughts.

Now... I don't believe she intended that harm come to the child. I don't think that she should have the child taken away from her. If she had put the child in, closed the door and walked away, then I would say she should, by all means, have the child taken away. But this appears to have been a stupid mistake. A mistake which, I admit, could have cost the life of this child.

When I was about 3, my mom was cleaning the stove. To clean the burners, they had to be removed from their sockets, leaving the sockets exposed. I don't remember why, but for some reason I stuck my finger into one of the sockets. I got a shock! It felt like something bit my finger. Where was my mom? Tending to my baby twin brothers across the house. It was a mistake, leaving me unsupervised in the kitchen. It was a mistake which could have resulted in my death. I could tell you other stories where, unsupervised, I could have died. I could even tell you one where my parents weren't more than one inch away from me, and I could have died.

Should I have been taken away from my parents? I don't think so. They never intended for any of those things to happen. And I'm sure this mother didn't intend that to happen.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't think that taking this child away from the mother is going to help anything. I think she does deserve jail time, though.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: