Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Jacko takes fast-food fight to his local congressman

Author Topic: Jacko takes fast-food fight to his local congressman
Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-21-2003 05:40 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In an acticle in todays NY Post (I know it's the Post [Wink] )
A mask-wearing Michael Jackson popped in to see his local congressman in California, demanding to know why there's no fast-food restaurant near his Neverland ranch. published reports said. The King of Pop, wearing a spider-man mask, and his bodyguards went to the Solvang, California., district office of U.S. Rep Elton Gallegly two weeks ago, asking why Solvang doesn't have fast-food acording to yesterday's Santa Barbara News-Press.
All the congressman's staff could do was tell Jacko that Solvang has a Subway sandwich store, to which the Gloved One replied: "I Love Taco Bell". Solvang is about six miles from the Neverland Ranch.
Looks like a Golden new career opportunity for Michael.
His very own TACO BELL / Pizza Hut store. Or a new spokesman for the Taco Bell chain. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/76273.htm

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/entertainment_story_141115101.html

The title to the Santa Barbara News-Press is "Masked Man lobbies for new drive-through" [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-21-2003 06:16 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT??!!! OMG OMG I CANNOT BELIEEVE THAT THERE IZX NO FAST FOOD JOINT NEAR MICHAEL!!!!1!!1!@ WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO??? SOMEONE BUILD A TACO BELL NEXT TO MICHREAL NNOW!!!!!!!1!

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2003 06:31 PM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fast food is the devil! [evil]

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2003 02:44 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taco Bell is YUMMY [Big Grin] but what happens to your intestines afterwards is PAINFUL! [Mad] [puke]

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2003 03:15 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I went to Solvang last year and I didn't even LOOK for a fast-food place! Consequently, I did not even notice the absence of a Taco Bell. Thinking back, he's right. There is nothing with a drive-through in that whole town! As Martha Stewart would say, It's a good thing.

Andrew Lee
Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2003 08:31 AM      Profile for Andrew Lee   Email Andrew Lee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Jackson......Martha Stewart......Taco Bell.....if there is a hell, all three will be an integral part of that place.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2003 08:48 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's probably a very good reason there's no Taco Bell or any fast food joint there. Could be there's zoning regulations prohibiting national chain franchises (some towns are like that). Could also be that Taco Bell already checked out the area and found they couldn't make any more there---not unless Jacko would pay $10,000 for one taco! [Eek!]

Chris Markiewicz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-22-2003 08:35 PM      Profile for Chris Markiewicz   Email Chris Markiewicz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taco Bell might not fit too well in a town that is kind of a Danish theme park. [Big Grin]

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-22-2003 11:44 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, there is a story that dates back many years here in Oak Harbor. The City Fathers (namely a bunch of Dutchmen) didn't want the city to grow.

McDonald wanted to build a restaurant. City fathers issued them the [fu] . McDonald's challenged them, and won. Now we have GassoBell, McDonald's, K-mart, Wal-Mart, 7-11, AM-PM, and a few others to go with it. [Smile]

Oh, I forgot to mention Dairy Queen and Jack in a Box.

[ 05-23-2003, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: Paul G. Thompson ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: