Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Matrix Reloaded’ villains draw fire

Author Topic: Matrix Reloaded’ villains draw fire
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 02:21 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.msnbc.com/news/909497.asp?cp1=1#BODY

It continues to amaze me just how bad our Politically Correct culture has become. It seems no matter what you do or say you are going to offend someone. It seems that the only group that you can still villainies in movies are Nazis. This reminds me of the people who were upset because in order for the girl to become "beautiful" in the Princess Diaries, she had to straighten her hair to the dismay of the people who have naturally curly hair.

|  IP: Logged

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2003 06:21 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to WorldNetDaily, there's a scene in The Matrix Reloaded where GWBush and Adolf Hitler are on the video monitors at the same time.

I didn't find anything wrong with The Princess Diaries. Julie Andrews' presence made that movie a hit.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 05-24-2003 01:01 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles, I've noticed that in 'that' scene near the end of the film. I believe it's during the end of the 6th or beginning of the 7th reel.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 05-24-2003 01:42 AM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charles,

Yes, I agree, Julie Andrews brought out a lot of people to see
"THE PRINCESS DAIRIES" and as usual, she was wonderful as the grandmother but it was Ann Hathaway in my opinion that had made the film popular. She was gorgeous! [Smile] I have seen a lot of beautiul young women on the screen but none had captivated me the way Miss Hathaway has with her beauty and the manner she played her part. I understand Garry Marshall, the director was in Europe recently scouting location sites for the sequel. The fictional kingdom of Genovia I recently read on a website film report was based on Monaco where Grace Kelly became a real princess when she married Prince Rainier III in 1956.

As far as "MATRIX RELOADED", I have not yet seen the film and most likely wait for it to come out on DVD. If I wind up not enjoying it like the first part, I will only be out a $1.85 for senior DVD rental charges instead of my senior citizen $5.00 admission at a Consolidated theatre.

-Claude

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: