Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Poopers is not feeling so well. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Poopers is not feeling so well.
Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-18-2003 01:36 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to take him to a vet this morning. Everything seemed to be fine, and suddenly he lost all cordination, and would lose his balance and fall over. He cannot seem to find his "horizon" and gets so confused. Poopers was born in April of 1986, and just turned 17 years old last month.

The vet thinks Poppers might have had a stroke, or some very long medical name I cannot pronounce, let alone, spell. There is no evidance he "got into anything" such as slug bait, anti-freeze, rat poison, or anything like that. The medication I personally have to take is quite powerful and dangerous, so I am very careful with it and account for each and every pill.

The good news is that the vet thinks there is a chance if he responds to medication. The next 24 hours will be a critical time.

I have my fingers crossed. He has been with me for 13 years now, and he has a better personality than alot of people I know, even when he was hurting so bad this morning.

May I please ask you to keep your fingers crossed, too?

Thank you. [Smile] [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Gordon Bachlund
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 01:39 PM      Profile for Gordon Bachlund   Author's Homepage   Email Gordon Bachlund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, both I and my Golden Retriever, Duke, will keep our fingers/paws crossed. Keep smiling.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-18-2003 02:23 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's sad news about Poopers. Do you have someone trustworthy you can leave him with to take care of him when you make your road trip at the first of June?

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 02:35 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, because of the help and information you have posted here on Film-Tech which has been a great help to me, i will keep my fingers crossed for you and poopers.

Bill Langfield
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 03:43 PM      Profile for Bill Langfield   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Langfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

I pray to God that Poopers is ok, and that he will recover.

I know the feeling of losing control of how to best look after a loved pet, that it might not make it much longer in this life.

Mother and I have no room for a dog in our house, but we do have
3 cats, all about 8 yo and I'd hate to see any of them got through what your pet is going through.

I know this sounds bad, but get the vet to check for ANY form of CANCER.

Please take care. All the BEST. Bill!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-18-2003 04:12 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
keeping our fingers crossed

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 05-18-2003 04:50 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul for you and for "Poopers

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
ALL GOOD THOUGHTS

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 04:58 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paws and thumbs crossed.
All the best for Poopers. May he be well soon.

Sofus & Per

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 05:01 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's in my prayers, too. I've got some cats he can chase when he gets to feeling better.

Bruce

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 05-18-2003 05:03 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll even force the cat to do a prayer for Poops:)

Josh

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-18-2003 05:04 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Cool crosses his fingers for you!

-

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 05-18-2003 05:08 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Gentlemen.

Brad, if Pooopers can survive this problem, I might take Poopers to my brother in Owatonna, Minnesota while Josh and I take the trip. Poopers will be in good hands there. [Smile]

-

He likes "winking" at the camera.. [Smile]

[ 05-18-2003, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Paul G. Thompson ]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-18-2003 10:20 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, this is probably a stupid question but did the vet check the ol' boy's ears? The balance organs are in the ears. If they get clogged up with icky stuff or if the dog gets a real bad case of ear mites, God knows what can happen.

Flop-eared dogs are more prone to these problems. Seeing his picture again reminded me.

When I was a kid, we had lots of hunting dogs. We had anywhere from 5 to 10 of them! Every spring, when the weather got warm my Dad made me get every dog out of the pen(s) and give them a good going-over. We did ALL the gross stuff...
Checked for sores and cysts between the foot pads.
Cleaned their teeth and checked for mouth problems.
"Relieved" the anal glands.
Cleaned and checked the ears for mites and goo.

Being cooped up all winter, sleeping in closed-in kennels in a bed of straw, dogs got REALLY icky and smelly! I'm talking, "Gag a maggot!"

Paul, I'm sure you take good care of your dog and I'd bet you had the vet go over the dog from nose to tail but this is the time of year that my Dad would take care of the dogs. I just couldn't help but think back and imagine that Pooper's problem could be something simple.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 05-18-2003 10:45 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon Poopers!

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2003 10:51 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's always sad to see your pet sick and in pain. [Frown]

We're all pulling for you, poopers! [thumbsup]

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: