Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Badger Rampage! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Badger Rampage!
Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 11:23 AM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See Here

I must say i'm rather intrigued by a sentence early in the article.

quote:
One man required two skin graft operations, after the badger woke him up and attacked him when he went outside to investigate.
So, the man was up to a bit of sleep-walking then? Or do I mean sleep-badger-investigating?

|  IP: Logged

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 11:56 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Badgers are usually not something you will see when you go outside. I wonder if the one these people found/stumbled across/ was sick? Hope these people dont have to endure rabies shots. or worse...

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-13-2003 12:13 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is rabies still not found in the UK? Hopefully, they will test for rabies in the "mad" badger.

We own a 9-year old dachshund ("badger-hound"). "Teenie Weenie" is a wonderful house pet, but you can see the hunting and fighting instinct that made them such great hunting dogs for burrowing animals like badgers. No rabbits or gophers in our backyard!:

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/dachs.html

http://www.wienerdogs.org/history.html

-

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-13-2003 01:51 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a photo of San Pietro in the background?

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-13-2003 03:59 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is that a photo of San Pietro in the background?

Yes -- Saint Peter's on a rare snowy day in Rome! My younger daughter is majoring in Italian, and has been to Italy several times, having just come back from a semester in Rome. Last summer, she was in Florence. She returns there for a year starting this September.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-13-2003 05:22 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just spent two weeks in Rome myself and also visited Florence where Antonio gave me a tour. What an incredible city Rome is!
 -  -
The other picture is probably a painting of the bridges over the River Arno in Florence.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-13-2003 06:53 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The other picture is probably a painting of the bridges over the River Arno in Florence.

Yes. Good eyes! [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-13-2003 07:43 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a shirt from the St. John Fishing College?

>>> Phil

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2003 11:22 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John P:

A Dachshund is a special pet. I had one much like yours from age five, to age seventeen. He will always be missed by me.

Nice image. I'll assume that it is KODAK film... [Big Grin]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 05-14-2003 02:07 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The UK is still officially rabies free and as far as we know the disease is not endemic in any of Britain's wildlife population. There was a lot of speculation when the Channel Tunnel opened that this would soon change (e.g. rats coming through) but thankfully this hasn't happened so far. Las autumn there was a rabies case when a Scottish conservation worker was bitten by a rare bat, but the bat was believed to have flown in from abroad and it is not believed that this has marked the start of a rabies outbreak over here.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-14-2003 06:20 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nice image. I'll assume that it is KODAK film...

Thank you. Yes, shot on Kodak MAX 400 color negative film, and scanned to files on a Kodak Picture CD.

quote:
Is that a shirt from the St. John Fishing College?

My younger daughter just graduated from St. John Fisher College:

http://www.sjfc.edu

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2003 08:52 AM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never been a fan of dachshund's. They do have bad tempers, alteast the ones I have seen. They are real moody and get irritated quick. My aunt and uncle had one named "Rooster" and it chased my younger brother around the house one time for no reason at all, funny, but still. I'm always cautious, when ever I meet someone with a dachshund's.

I grew up with jack russels, which i think are the best small dogs. They have great hunting and borrowing instincts. They make good house dogs and have good personalities.

John, my mom had a welsh corgi named "Teenie Weenie". I thought we were the only ones to come up with that name.... [Eek!] [Big Grin] also congratulations on your daughter's graduation, my sister just graduated from Gardner-Wedd University.

Gardner-Webb

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-14-2003 09:15 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have never been a fan of dachshund's. They do have bad tempers, alteast the ones I have seen. They are real moody and get irritated quick. My aunt and uncle had one named "Rooster" and it chased my younger brother around the house one time for no reason at all, funny, but still. I'm always cautious, when ever I meet someone with a dachshund's.

Their bark is worse than their bite. Teenie Weenie barks furiously at strangers and other animals she sees, but "warms up" quickly once she gets to know you. Knock on wood, she has NEVER come close to biting anyone. Just like people, you cannot generalize about dogs based on breed -- each dog has its own personality.

John Spooner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2003 12:06 PM      Profile for John Spooner   Email John Spooner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John.
Good to see you are a fellow dachshund owner. I have 3 of them, being 2 mini smooths and one standard smooth bitch just like your girl.
I will send you a picture of them by e-mail as I cannot work out how to post a picture on the forums.
They are wary of strangers which is a trait of dachshunds, highly reactive, incredibly stubborn and excellent watchdogs. My mini male "Max" has remarkable scenting ability, seeing that dachshunds are scent hounds.
John Spooner.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-14-2003 03:26 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is very easy. Click on the link in the reply mask, in the upload screen point to the image file on the hard disc. After the upload has been completed, copy and paste the link that is shown in bold letters into your post.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: