Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Indiana Jones Trilogy Coming To DVD FINALLY!

Author Topic: Indiana Jones Trilogy Coming To DVD FINALLY!
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2003 12:21 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paramount has announced that it will release the entire Indiana Jones trlogy on DVD later this year. The Adventures of Indiana Jones - The Complete DVD Movie Collection will hit stores November 4th.

The set will include 4 discs, with the fourth being dedicated to special features. Extras will include a documentary by Laurent Bouzereau detailing how the films were made, from stunts to visual effects to the music and sound, and the history behind the legends used in the films Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Steven Spielberg will not be doing any audio commentaries for the DVDs, since he doesn't like doing them.

The box set will be available in Widescreen and Full Screen, and retail for $49.95.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-07-2003 02:31 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember when they changed Star Wars so that Greedo shoots first at Han Solo in order to make the attack seem provoked? I wonder if they will take the scene where Indy just shoots the fancy sword guy instead of fighting him in Raiders of da Lost Ark so that the fancy sword guy shoots first? After all, George Lucas is involved. Maybe Steve will slap him. Or maybe Steve will replace Indys' gun with a walkie-talkie.

I know they want to put the "Imperial March" theme in Star Wars and release yet another addition.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-07-2003 10:02 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Second Thread running over on AFTER LIFE about the Indiana Jones Trilogy.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 05-07-2003 12:49 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the official Paramount Home Video press release, the film will not be altered from it's original version in any way except for the restoration of the image quality and a new 5.1 digital soundtrack. I have been waiting for these film to come out on DVD for years after selling my laserdiscs in anticipation of the eventual release of the movies in the new video format. The prologic sound on the laserdisc was great but I expect the DVD to be much better because of newly created discreet surround soundtrack. I do not recall if "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" was released in 70mm but I saw all the others in the large film format in theatres and I believe the surrounds was not split but mono.

-Claude

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 05-07-2003 12:51 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the official Paramount Home Video press release, the film will not be altered from it's original version in any way except for the restoration of the image quality and a new 5.1 digital soundtrack. I have been waiting for these film to come out on DVD for years after selling my laserdiscs in anticipation of the eventual release of the movies in the new video format. The prologic sound on the laserdisc was great but I expect the DVD to be much better because of newly created discreet surround soundtrack. I do not recall if "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" was released in 70mm but I saw all the others in the large film format in theatres and I believe the surrounds was not split but mono.

-Claude

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-07-2003 01:07 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't a few "select" theatres show Last Crusade in 70mm Dolby SR with split surrounds? But most 70mm prints had mono surround with A noise reduction, not SR.

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2003 02:47 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Last Crusade had some 70mm SR split surround prints (I saw it this way at the Chinese I).

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 05-07-2003 04:05 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David & Paul,

It is good to know "THE LAST CRUSADE" had some split surround Dolby SR prints in circulation. Do you also know if there were some prints of "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" and "THE TEMPLE OF DOOM" with split surrounds?

-Claude

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-07-2003 05:46 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" in 70mm Dolby SR when it played at the Loews Astor Plaza theater in New York. I don't know if the theater was rewired for split surrounds at that time (my hunch is the surrounds were still mono).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: