Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How often do you check film-tech??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: How often do you check film-tech???
Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 05-05-2003 04:20 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I'm at work sometimes -- I swear I check it every 10 minutes.

Is this too much? Do I need to join a support group?

|  IP: Logged

Michael Harlow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 04:25 PM      Profile for Michael Harlow   Email Michael Harlow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a twice a week person.... I don't think you need help yet, but if you get addicted.......

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 05-05-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Depends on how much "real" work I have going on. Could vary from a couple times a day, to, well, a LOT. [Wink]

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 05-05-2003 05:03 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Call me sick, call me demented, call me antything you like but when you get hooked on this site, not even Film Techc Anonymous can be of much help! [Big Grin]

In all seriousness, I check the site when I first get up in the morning and at various times during the day. Because I use my computer a lot working on my photographs with Photoshop, I would visit when I take short breaks to rest my eyes. I also visit the site one last time after watching a movie before going to bed at about 12:00 AM.

-Claude

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-05-2003 05:10 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Claude... Ummm..not the sick and demented part. [Big Grin]

But with the times I check in here...

>>> Phil

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-05-2003 05:37 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on the schedule here at my day job, but I check the three main forums (FHF, GL and FY) at least twice a day, and the others semi occasionally.

I haven't looked at the Equipment or Help Wanted forums in months, and I rarely look at the feature-info forum or the joke forum (sorry, Bob). Not that I don't like jokes...I just don't have THAT much time to read!

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 05:40 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil,
You are sick and demented.

In a good way, of course. [Smile]

I have Film-Tech attacks about 3-4 times a day. Sometimes more often when there is a subject that I am really interested in.

I sure wish someone would see the employment posts. I'm still looking and there are no prospects, yet!!

Patrick McDonough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 06:07 PM      Profile for Patrick McDonough   Email Patrick McDonough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I check the site I would say 2-4 times a day.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-05-2003 06:18 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I check the site a few times a day depending on the schedule of the screening room and if a client is not using the room.
That's Monday thru Friday only, Saturday and Sunday are my days off the sites. [sleep]

The rest of the time is spent over at Cinematours, seeing the adventures of Adam and Scott. [Big Grin]

Jeff Skallan
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 07:21 PM      Profile for Jeff Skallan   Email Jeff Skallan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I check in on my free time and skim through topics on average of 1-2 times a day. I find myself being more of a lurker than a poster. If only I had access (and free time) to stop in while at work like many of the rest of you. [Roll Eyes] It would be interesting to know if Brad has the data to find Film-Tech's #1 fan. The word on the street is Mr. Joe Redifer has all posts automatically forwarded to his cell phone. [Eek!]

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 07:28 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid, that Hawaiian disease is blowing this way: Earlier, it was just a couple of times per week. -Lately, i'm hooked first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening, cause there is something to learn every day.
-And the barking of the Berlin Brewery Schaeffer entertains almost on line with The American Maartini.
-Not to forget the new picturealbum, which has to be checked every damned day.

Addicted in severe degree and not willing to undergo any cure at all. -Maybe as Claude says, You may call me anything, too - but do not call my early in the morning, please !

Happy to be here !

Per [thumbsup] [beer]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-05-2003 09:09 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I check the site about once a month. This is my May check right here.

What Jeff Skallan says is true. I actually hire someone to read each and every post to me aloud immediately as it is posted. I usually am able to get Brad to cover the bill for this service, though, since he is the one who reads the posts to me. [Smile]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-05-2003 09:16 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad can read?

>>> Phil

Daniel Fuentz
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2003 09:26 PM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the weekends, when I'm at work, I check several times an hour. [Big Grin] The rest of the time it's just a few times a day. [Smile]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 05-05-2003 10:03 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmmm, I'm addicted to the extreme...but I AM sick and demented! [evil]

I check between 2-294875 times a day...usually closer to the latter.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: