Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Village Theatres of Chicago

Author Topic: Village Theatres of Chicago
Rick McCluney
Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2003 10:16 AM      Profile for Rick McCluney   Email Rick McCluney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

A theatre that I do some work for was recently bought from Regal/UA by Village Theatres. I have never heard of them before and was wondering what anyone on this forum knew about them. I found their website and they only have theatres in the Chicago metro area. The theatre that they bought is located in Gautier, Mississippi.

Thanks,
Rick

[ 05-03-2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Rick McCluney ]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 05-03-2003 06:45 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-03-2003 06:58 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm not posting here to defend certain individuals of that chain, I always got paid by them and on time. Down payments for equipment were also always paid to us without question. Of course all this was long long ago in a city far far away.
Mark

Fred Georges
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-03-2003 08:31 PM      Profile for Fred Georges   Email Fred Georges   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without elaborating I can only second what Steve said regarding these "people" whom I seriousy doubt were the folks Mark delt with in the past. Be very, VERY afraid!! [Eek!]

Rick McCluney
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2003 08:06 AM      Profile for Rick McCluney   Email Rick McCluney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info guys. Also, thanks for the additional info that you e-mailed Mark. Steve and Fred, If you care to elaborate you can e-mail me also. I will keep any info in confidence.

Thanks ,
Rick

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2003 08:36 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Rick,

I hope this does not turn out to be Rand Theatres II for you. But definately continue to prob into these people to see where there coming from and where they may be heading. I found out the hard way with EFW.

Rick McCluney
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2003 09:46 PM      Profile for Rick McCluney   Email Rick McCluney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does bring back memories of Rand.

Rick

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: