Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 70mm Show's in the UK

Author Topic: 70mm Show's in the UK
Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 08:04 AM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi if anyone in the UK fancies seeing some 70mm films, here is a list of whats showing over the summer here at City Screen York, and a list of other venues shows.

City Screen York.
18th May 'Hello Dolly' Todd-AO (Many Thanks to NMPFT for Print)
22nd May 'Hello Dolly' Todd-AO
15th June 'What is 70mm Open morning' Lots of various Clips
(Prints from UIP/CLOUMBIA)
29th June 'Far and Away' Panvision Super 70 Dolby SR
The 2 weeks leading up to the 29th, Far and Away 70mm Trailer screening in Screen 1 as part of regualr programme.

TBC
July/Aug film 'Camelot'
Aug/Sep film 'Cry Freedom'
October 6 films over one weekend, Titles TBC

PictureHouse at FACT
May 4th 'My Fair Lady' Super Panavision 70 Dolby SR

Harbour Lights PictureHouse
June 15th 'My Fair Lady' Super Panavision 70 Dolby SR

NFT London
'Batman' 2nd/4th/6th May
'The Last Crusade' 5th and 17th May

Hope you can all get a fix of 70mm at one of these shows.

Darren

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 04-15-2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Patton? A summer without George? [Frown]

Per Hauberg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2003 07:59 PM      Profile for Per Hauberg   Author's Homepage   Email Per Hauberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Camelot uncut ?? [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Far & Away - trailer sounds much better than feature film - almost false advertising [Eek!]

p

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 04-16-2003 02:23 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve wrote:

quote:

No Patton? A summer without George?

Patton ran at Bradford quite recently.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2003 04:53 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At Pictureville Bradford(Sorry they're only blow ups !)

Fantastic Films Weekend, 24 - 25 May 2003
CONFIRMED SO FAR: SATURDAY 24 MAY ALL DAY ALIEN FRIGHTFEST
Alien 70mm
Aliens 70mm
Alien 3 70mm
Alien: Resurrection
A rare opportunity to see this quartet of sci-fi classics one after the other, all in one day! The first three films - Ridley Scott's Alien, James Cameron's Aliens and David Fincher's underrated Alien 3, will all be screened in the widescreen 70mm format. The fourth and final story in the saga, Jean-Pierre Jeunet's Alien: Resurrection, will conclude the day in 35mm

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2003 05:05 PM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like between myself and Dick,
Yorkshire is the place for 70mm in the UK!!

Nice one Dick!

I here the Alien print is going Pink in a big way, would love to show it in York, so must come and see the condition of it one morning.
Speak soon

Darren

I believe Patton was shipped to Bradford for the weekend only

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2003 02:32 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right. We screened Patton March 2002 on the Cinerama screen it then went south to the NFT to be screened on their flat screen and then went back to LA. I believe Mr Kraus was the next person to have the pleasure of screening it.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 05-03-2003 05:56 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darren, can you please post the start times for your screenings.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 05-03-2003 10:34 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darren usually goes for a very civilised 1300 or 1400 kickoff. This is ideal for a nice lie-in, breakfast, reading the paper, doing bugger all for an hour or two (OK, usually washing and ironing in my case), a nice stoll along the riverbank, a [beer] in the City Screen bar and then the film. [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: