Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » "Wonderful Days" are coming!

Author Topic: "Wonderful Days" are coming!
Don E. Nelson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2003 02:27 PM      Profile for Don E. Nelson   Email Don E. Nelson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know about this Korean animated film, Wonderful Days?
The previews look terrific, an epic story telling adventure with a good soundtrack and original FX using 3D models.
It is supposed to debut in Korea in April of 2003.
What about the American screening date?

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-21-2003 09:34 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's a link to the official English-language site for it that was put up last October:

http://wonderfuldays.co.kr/english/

The orchestral theme that plays on the site is rather haunting. Sounds like we westerners will get to "discover" a new film score composer in Il Won.

Glenda Cockrum
Film Handler

- posted 02-22-2003 11:55 PM      Profile for Glenda Cockrum   Email Glenda Cockrum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much for the link. I am blown away by what I have seen on the Wonderful Days site! I also went to the Korean side, much more to see, even if I don't have a clue what the man is saying, just bits and pieces of "common" words come through, but the detail and effort on this film is unbelievable! I wonder who will pick it up state side? After not being able to show "Spirited Away", I have about given up on having a chance at excellent anime films [Frown] I remember the first time I saw "Kiki's Delivery Service", I was hooked! I really hope that this film gets US exposure, and with a company that will give us "little guys" a chance to show it!

Paul Mayer

- posted 04-18-2003 03:28 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Wonderful Days will get a simultaneous Korean and North American opening. The 3rd annual Waterloo Festival for Animated Cinema (WFAC), will be the site of the North American premiere. The festival runs April 23-26, 2003 at the Princess Cinema and the Galaxy Cinema, Conestoga Mall in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The schedule is available at the festival web site http://www.wfac.ca

Hopefully a US premiere and release isn't too far off.

William Leland III
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2003 09:36 AM      Profile for William Leland III   Author's Homepage   Email William Leland III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, after seeing that trailer I want to see that movie. Makes me think of all the great movies Americans miss. Well, I hope we get this one.

Very cool anime and the music was spectacular. [thumbsup]

Paul Mayer

- posted 08-26-2003 01:52 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, unfortunately it looks like it sank upon launch, apparently due to the all-too-common problem of emphasizing style and technique over substance and story. The Hollywood Reporter's post mortem.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-26-2003 03:28 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"You can't keep basing your success on being cheaper," he says. "You have to make people think you're doing a better job or else you're just digging a hole for yourself."

This is just what corporations are doing today, they refuse to learn from history and think they are on to something no one else has thought of. They are in "cut expenses" mode to a fault, and do not realize there is a point where you can no longer save money and retain quality in product or employees. The theatre companies are particularly bad with this.

At the current rate of corporate tyranny and monopolization, I believe workers will become so abused by greed and micro-management, that we'll see the formation of a new union movement in our lifetime. Workers will rise up.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: