Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The worst policy trailer EVER??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: The worst policy trailer EVER???
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-08-2003 01:25 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone think they can top this one for worst policy trailer of all time? I seriously doubt Lowes actually used this one, but if they did...no, I don't even want to think about it. [puke]

KOKO the policy gorilla!

LARGE version 3.8 megs

SMALL version 2.1 megs

Both sizes in QuickTime format.

|  IP: Logged

Jason Whyte
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2003 01:35 AM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this for real??

I thought those "Generic Policy Ads" for independent theaters were pretty awful, but that's pretty terrible.....

Jason

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2003 01:53 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In their procedures it sounds like it is a rule that you MUST visit the concession stand.

This whole thing is dumb

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 02-08-2003 02:46 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That trailer brought me a lot of joy. I busted a gut and I'm still laughing.

Without a doubt, it's the funniest thing I've seen all day. I loved it!

Was that Joe's idea?

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 02-08-2003 02:47 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Koko the Policy Gorilla available for hire?
I have a few litter-bug customers i'd like him to "take care of"

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-08-2003 03:10 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
KOKO the policy gorilla kicks ass! He even manhandles the customers FORCING them to buy a large popcorn! KOKO should be the new Film-Tech mascot!

PS - Manny, no that was not my idea. If it were, I think you'd being seeing
A) Better video
B) Perhaps a shot or two done on a tripod.
C) Better humor
D) More violence
E) 5.1 audio

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2003 04:00 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont want to spoil the joke guys but that was from the "Little film big screen" contest or whatever it was called, It was a contest where our guests were invited to make thier own policy trailers and enter them in the contest. btw its Loews not Lowes thats the hardware store [Wink]

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-08-2003 07:50 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is great because it's so terrible. I'd love to have a 35mm print of this one....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-08-2003 01:23 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the spelling Sean. (Perhaps Loews should sue Lowes for screwing up the general public's spelling with their home improvement centers.)

Policy trailer contest? Wow, that idea sure backfired. I mean this thing is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD! Got any more we could add to start a collection of terrible policy ad attempts?

Joe you forgot:
F) Lots of blood spilled

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2003 02:06 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you ever considered making a 'Filmguard' ad?

Something like the Spoonguard ad:
http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard/

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 02-08-2003 04:12 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, since we're talking unusual policy trailers, I couldn't resist offering this one of mine - the world's only generic policy trailer for drive-ins.
Drive-In Policy Trailer

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2003 04:32 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer this trailer any day to the one Regal used for a while with the Pepsi girl with the man voice. The Regal Pepsi girl one is the worst one of all time! The gorilla one doesn't even come close to being that bad.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2003 06:32 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The WORST policy trailer EVER (I have seen hundreds of them):

The Crown Theatres "lion" trailer. It is really poor animation and the 'theme' song is the tune from "Working my way back to you babe" except they substitute "Working my way back to you Crown". The lion dances around singing the song and throwing popcorn around dancing on top of the seats.

(How bad is it?) A MINISTER from a church was leaving one afternoon from a show and I asked him how his 'movie going' experience was. He said that it was 'great', except that we really need to get rid of that DAMN annoying policy trailer!

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-08-2003 07:15 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loved the Gorilla. It reminds me a bit of the Reebok TERRY TATE, OFFICE LINEBACKER commercials, like the one on the Super Bowl. They have an excellent new one on their website that follows up on the Nike NAKED RUNNING GUY AT THE SOCCER GAME commercial. I think they are VERY funny.

Terry Tate could make one terrific policy trailer!

Terry Tate, Office LineBacker

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-08-2003 07:39 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim--how about doing a version with Koko the car-crushing gorilla..."Follow the rules or walk home!"?

[Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: