Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Idea:Film-tech Jr.-G rated Film-Tech for kids (AKA: The Film-Tech Coloring Book) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Idea:Film-tech Jr.-G rated Film-Tech for kids (AKA: The Film-Tech Coloring Book)
Matthew Bailey
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 09:02 PM      Profile for Matthew Bailey   Email Matthew Bailey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This idea just came up. I have an idea of a G-rated version of Film-Tech for kids known as Film-Tech Jr.

|  IP: Logged

Aldo Baez
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 09:23 PM      Profile for Aldo Baez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally know tons of preteen projectionists...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-29-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's great. Why don't you go make that site? It would be kind of like that band Menudo for Film-Tech! I'm sure there are lots of 10 year olds who would love to talk shop about projection. Don't forget to put a naughty word filter on the forum though, since there will be children present. Oh yeah, and make sure to put lots of pretty pictures to color in the webdesign too. Instead of a manual download section, perhaps you could have a video game download section. You could use the upload feature so that kids could use your site to upload programs and video games and movies to your server so that other kids can get them for free. Wow, this is a GREAT idea. I expect to see www.film-techjr.com online within one week. Now go get busy! [thumbsup]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-29-2002 09:34 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I've been trying to upload pirated movies all week... it's not working! What's up with that?

Ray Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 09:40 PM      Profile for Ray Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You could use the upload feature so that kids could use your site to upload programs and video games and movies to your server so that other kids can get them for free.
No music? Gotta have free music.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 11-29-2002 09:46 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matthew, here's my contribution for the coloring book (er, manuals section):

-

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-29-2002 09:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Silly me, I completely forgot about music. Gotta have that gangsta rap for the kiddies!

Daryl, perhaps we could make an entire library of coloring books in pdf files? How about a big purple dinosaur threading some obscure projector with Matthew's head on it?

Hmmmm, what to put on the links section?

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 11-29-2002 10:03 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another pic for the coloring book (can't have the kids thinking that _everyone_ uses DLP!):

-

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-29-2002 10:10 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's great chance to see if "Subject" section of the Edit Post button is broken for Matthew as well as the regular functionality. I say this since I think the vast majority of Film-Tech inhabitants will skip over this topic based on its title, and miss the gems within.

If only it were titled "Film-Tech Coloring Book" then surely the droves and masses would arrive!

--jhawk

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-29-2002 10:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I went ahead and changed it since I know Matthew doesn't understand how it works.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 11-29-2002 10:26 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Barney could figure out how to thread the Showscan projectors. [Frown]

-

Ray Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 10:54 PM      Profile for Ray Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably regret this but I'll toss in 2 from where I help out on weekends.

Scott, coloring that Magnarc looks like it might be fun. Especially getting the carbon view window and the Peerless logo to glow. Brings back alot of memories.

-

-

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 11:36 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] FILM-TECH JR. ???

Perhaps Andrew McCrea can join, and we can be entertained by his witty banter once more.

=TMP=

p.s. ROFLMAO!!!

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

- posted 11-29-2002 11:42 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After failing to thread up, Barney got promoted to usher! [Smile]

-

Gordon Hedges III
Jealous of everyone not me

- posted 11-30-2002 12:21 AM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the Forums can be similar to GROUND LEVEL. It could be Box Office/Concessions. [thumbsup]

-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: