Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » More junk for sale on Ebay (Page 0)

This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  83  84  85 

Author Topic: More junk for sale on Ebay
Jonathan Froes
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2011 10:58 AM      Profile for Jonathan Froes   Email Jonathan Froes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! guys check out the super rare footage from a few different people on that same day in color also...free on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk4x1NMI9FY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpraiXXqS5s&feature=related

50k for a castle film? ppl are smoking...

|  IP: Logged

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2011 03:55 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Adam Martin
If it's registered with the LOC, they should have a copy.
'nuff said.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-16-2012 11:55 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's this:

Ebay item #150779623850

It looks like a first-generation 1.2k D-cinema projector. Is it? Buy-it-now for $1300. I guess that these things depreciate more than new cars. It's probably still useful for something, although a scaler would likely cost more than the entire projector.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2012 03:38 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang it, Scott, the seller removed the item. Or Ebay did.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 03-16-2012 05:22 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like it was an NEC IS-10 projector from 2003.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-18-2014 12:52 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 792 days since the last post.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2014 12:52 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody is asking almost 200bux (!) for the emblem off of an E-7
 -
Apparantly its a 'rare' collectors item. Heck, I've got a couple of these I pulled
off of some old e-7's before they were junked; but $200??? Gimmieabreak!

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-18-2014 03:38 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shit like that has got to be some kind of money laundering scheme or something.
I can't believe that anybody would be stupid enough to actually buy something so trivial at such a price.

It's got to be some scheme where drug dealers (or whatever) arrange to pay for goods by setting up bogus, overpriced auctions for worthless junk then arranging shill buyers to quasi-legitimize the sale.

If some other person, stupid enough to buy the item, comes along then both parties make out.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2014 04:13 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I once paid a buncha money
(but nowhere near $200!) for a glass soundhead door insert that said
RCA PHOTOPHONE on it. But because they're made of GLASS, they had a
tendency to get scratched, cracked or totally broken, so they are a lot
rarer and harder to find than the metal E-7 logo plates, which are pretty
much "a dime-a-dozen", comparatively speaking.

Plus, I was restoring a machine, so it was worth what I had to pay for it.
 -
-jc-

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 05-19-2014 04:34 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Randy - very interesting theory. I've often noticed that if I'm trying to buy a specific item on Ebay, there will be loads of them on sale for roughly the same price or bidding (i.e. the going rate for that item in that condition), but the occasional one at a wildly inflated "buy it now" price, sometimes up to 10x the going rate. Either the sellers are total idiots for not researching what that going rate is, or there's something else going on: they need proof that they tried to sell it and couldn't for tax reasons, maybe, or, as you suggest, money laundering.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2014 05:46 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Option 1 above. I can't fathom someone going to that much trouble for a measly $200. $20,000; maybe.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-20-2014 08:49 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not saying that the particular auction, above, is some kind of scheme. You're right. $200 isn't worth it.

The (potential) scam auctions I'm talking about are for things that might have a reasonable price of $20 or $50 being sold for $1,000 or more. The sellers that I have seen usually have a few similarly priced auctions going on at the same time.

If somebody did two or three of those under a couple of different user names, it is possible to move $5,000 to $10,000 in a week.

I'm not saying that this is true. I'm just asking the question.

Mark Hajducki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2014 05:42 PM      Profile for Mark Hajducki   Email Mark Hajducki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For theatre lighting the older 1960s models, such as the Srand Electric Pattern 23, are worth many times functioning second hand modern lanterns.

This is mainly due to buyers wanting to make them into decorative fixtures. Compared with modern equipment they are far less efficient and much less able to focus.

If any (probably UK based) cinemas or theatres have these rotting in the back of a cupboard it would be worth putting them on ebay.

-

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-24-2019 03:27 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 1921 days since the last post.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 08-24-2019 03:27 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a screaming deal on a Christie P-35 Intermittent:
Linky

Anyone notice a slight problem here? [Big Grin]

-

If it really had been an intermittent, it is a good price. For what it is though, the price is a bit too high (especially as one of the other pics shows a damaged pad roller.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 85 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  83  84  85 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: