Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Picture UPLOAD

Author Topic: Picture UPLOAD
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-14-2002 12:52 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
F.Y.I. The image upload feature of the website is NOT gone. You can access it through the navigational frame on the left. It is just no longer directly integrated into the ubb. It also has MANY nice improvements thanks to Daryl C. W. O'Shea.

Daryl has also greatly improved our chat entryway as well.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2002 01:17 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe its just my computer but a train sounds every 10 or so seconds in chat when the page refreshes (when it used to just make a 'click' sound.) Maybe its just an IE problem though.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-14-2002 01:36 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Say something. It is an audible alert so if you are in the chat room you can minimize the screen and when someone else comes in the room it will alert you. Once you talk, it stops.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2002 01:39 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey the new and improved caht gateway is great! No more clicking through so many screens. Nice work Daryl!

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2002 02:41 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For redundancy's sake: D'OH!!!

I was going nuts looking for it in the message area. I'm running at 800x600 so I didn't notice it tucked away in the bottom of the list there. Shame on me! I'm usually more observant than that.

=TMP=
Did you know that "A Man, A Plan, A Canal, Panama!" Is spelled the same backwars and frontwards?

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-14-2002 02:57 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps the row height on the top left frame could be increased by a couple percent so that the upload button shows up in smaller window sizes.

Thanks Joe!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 11-14-2002 03:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a hard decision to make. If the navigational frame is enlarged to show the full menu of choices then the chat monitor becomes a moot point of having. I am basically designing the site these days for 1024x768, but am keeping in mind the 800x600 guys with respect to the 550 pixel upload restriction.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-16-2002 12:46 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1024x768... make it 1280x1024, then the forums will be optimized for DLP.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: