Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » New Spaghetti Western in Production

Author Topic: New Spaghetti Western in Production
Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2002 02:19 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I recently posted a message to the Jeunet & Caro forum and got an interesting reply
here

It seems that 'Blueberry' is a big budget French Western that hopefully we will be seeing soon starring Vincent Cassel, Tcheky Karyo, Michael Madsen and Juliette Lewis. The addition of Kiwi Temuera Morrison should mean that there should be plenty of violence. According to the website here it has been reported that that work on the big screen adaptation of Moebius’s Blueberry is moving along nicely, that the production is currently filming at the Dunes of Bilbao in Coahuila, besides the Basaseachi Waterfall and that the film is tentatively scheduled to debut at Cannes next year.

Looks like one to look out for. I wonder whether it will be as memorable as many of the better spaghetti westerns?

As an aside what should one call a French Western? A vol-au-vent western maybe?

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Lionel Fouillen
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2002 05:25 AM      Profile for Lionel Fouillen   Email Lionel Fouillen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A vol-au-vent western maybe?

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2002 06:09 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Other possible generic titles

- Rainbow Warrior Western (oops that not p.c. ...)
- Tricouleur Western
- Froggie Western (has a certain ring to it...)
- Gateaux Western
- Pret-A-Regarder Western (Ready to watch)
- Cordon Bleu Western
- Escargot Western (must be a slow film)
- Blueberry Western

Mind you technically I'm not sure if Blueberry qualifies as a European film as it was shot in Mexico.

cheers Peter

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: