Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Farmers Insurance HERE I COME! (wish me luck!)

Author Topic: Farmers Insurance HERE I COME! (wish me luck!)
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-19-2002 04:18 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right children. Uncle Dave passed his state insurance license exam and is now working as a Sales Agent for Farmers Insurance Group. In fact I just ran my first set of qoutes today.

I have decided to make this my career, as it pays REALLY well, and will allow me the time to dedicate to the planned non profit foundation to run a theater, stage, studio, etc..

It also allows me more free time to bug the living snot out of everyone here. HA!

So wish me luck!

Dave

|  IP: Logged

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2002 05:46 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is all Farmers the insurnce agency where they throw the adjustors out of the planes to get them to proccess your claims faster? Or is it the one that uses talking Lizards to answer the phone? Insurance companies confuse me!!!

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-19-2002 05:53 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats Geiko on both counts.

Farmers was founded 70 years ago to give rural customers affordable insurance. It is now the third largest provider of insurance in the United States.

We don't resort to humor. We are not funny.

Dave

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-19-2002 06:04 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave,
Could you please quote me? I've only had 9 tickets and totaled 4 vehicles in the last 2 years. I DO need to get collision and extra medical coverage as well. Hey man, thats not TOO bad for a Utah driver.......
Seriously...congrats on the new job! I hope it goes well for you. Now you have alot more time than I do to surpass my number of posts! I keep VERY busy at CLACO.
Mark @ CLACO

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2002 06:52 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must be some kind of freak, I've had my licence for 11 years now, I cover around 50,000 miles a year for the company and another 10,000 of my own, yet somehow I don't have so much as a parking ticket! Most of my friends have got points, have been fined or even banned from driving for a period. I've been involoved in two minor accidents, both ten years ago, I was not to blame for either. Something somehwere is smiling in my direction I think.

Good luck with the new job Dave.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-19-2002 11:31 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pete,
I was only kidding!! Guess I pulled one over on you.....
Mark

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-19-2002 02:25 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why the cost of insurance is so high.... to pay Dave!

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-19-2002 03:46 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had Farmers for years and the service and rates have been satisfactory.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 10-19-2002 05:00 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, Dave, can you do something about the auto insurance rates in Massachusetts? I believe that we have the highest (or among the highest) in the US.

Anyway, congratulations on the job.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-19-2002 09:08 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best insurance I've ever had is Cincinatti. Aside from great auto coverage when I was hit by a deer, they covered a pair of motors stolen off of a pair of DP-70's that I bought up in Milwaukee. Even that amazed the insurance agent!
Mark

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-20-2002 02:01 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, can't you just pretend you live in Maine or someplace somewhat plausible with lower rates?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: