Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Dang North Koreans!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Dang North Koreans!!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-16-2002 11:24 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Uncle Georgie was right about them. Definately the third axis of evil so to say. Perhaps the troops first stop will be Iraq, and the second North Korea. With both of them brought under control Iran might begin to sweat it out a bit......So much for their nice new shiny nuclear reactor they were supposed to be getting from us.
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-16-2002 11:36 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dubya wouldn't even be able to find them on a map.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2002 11:58 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
War with North Korea? China would never allow it.

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 07:28 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the fact that they are being honest about their nuclear program must be intepreted as a positive sign. Would you prefer that they continued to keep it a secret?

cheers Peter

Greg Borr
Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 09:08 AM      Profile for Greg Borr   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Borr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it is as much being honest as it is being called out by U.S. Intelligence. Just goes to show you that all of the treaties and obligations we make are for the most part worthless. Way I see it is we gave them a chance to be part of the world community they lied and went against everything they said they'd do, we'll most likely give them a 2nd chance to make it right and when they don't we'll have a big mess on our hands not only with North Korea, but with China as well.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 09:47 AM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I got all kind of hell raised at me for making a joke about Ex vise perpetrator Al Gore so in all fairness Lay off GWB.
At least GW has the guts to do something about making the world a little safer for us and if the Dems would get out the way we might make our economy a little better than it was. (Tom Dashell)
And lets not forget the fiasco in N.J. There is no question that having ones own party members on a court panel can come in handy.

------------------
Samual Hunter Sr.

KC5ZSL

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-17-2002 10:31 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm willing to keep an open mind about the Iraq situation but I'd like to see more evidence (or at least have secret evidence seen by people outside the administration) before going in there. In absence of a real threat I'm not convinced that such action is going to make us safer. It may have the opposite affect if we go in there without wide international support and it just drives anti-American sentiment to new heights of furvor. So far it seems like Bush is trying to distract us from other issues not to mention avenge his dad's legacy. As the saying goes, "show me the money!" The majority voted against Bush; that's not exactly a mandate to do as he pleases.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 12:08 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Let’s not go any further with this. Suffice it to say that politicians are politicians and they haven't changed one bit. Ideologies are a dangerous thing as it divides people. Back when the nation was formed the system that was developed worked pretty good but nowadays there are just to much involved for this present system to work towards the good of the people. Politics is about power and position and the only time you see a politician do anything is right before election time so he can say "See what I did for you today" Reelect me and I will do some more. This nation is divided and has been for a long time. Moral values are declining, the sense of right and wrong have no value any more and our children are not being taught any values or that they are to be held responsible for there actions. Society in general is pretty much messed up. We as a nation are interested in how good we look on the outside and not how good we look on the inside. We cannot keep going this way and one-day we will pay for it if we don't straighten up. This goes for our elected leaders as well. Nowadays all you have to do is say you’re sorry or that your father beat you when you where a child and you can get away with murder.
As far as what’s going on now with the Iraq situation I am kinda split on that issue. On one hand I feel like we should let him be but if we do can we be sure that he will behave? Which leads me to my other feeling and that is Take the bastard out anybody else who is near him, the UN is a bunch of crooks and thugs anyway and most of the other nations just don’t want to be involved with Iraq, probably due to being afraid of retaliation from some crazy raghead.
As far as our economy goes, if people were not so damn greedy and chicken shit they would quit selling off there shares of stock at the first sign of a downturn and just hang in there they would be ok.
Of course corruption in the CEO level is a problem but hopefully if we make those guys responsible for there actions then maybe that wont be an issue. As far as the supposed deficit goes, it will always be there and nothing anybody will do will change it. I think the figure is way off anyway. Tax cuts can only do good to the American People as the Government has more than it needs as far as money goes. People spend more money on goods and services, which does business more good than just giving it to the government. Neither party has done anything about reducing the size of the government and nobody ever will but that is what needs to happen. The role of Government is to provide for the defense of the country and provide rules of conduct for our society. We need to become more self sufficient as a country and rely much less on foreign oil. We have all the resources in our own country if we would just use them.
But the system as it stands now is crappy and left unchecked will fall under its own weight. I hate it because my kids will have to live in the world that we make for them.
As far as God goes he loves us all whether we are Democrat, republican or whatever. We should look towards him for guidance and pray forgiveness from him and straighten our act up as a country or we are history.

In that lets not talk about politics on these forums anymore and refrain from any remarks about our leaders past or present.

------------------
Samual Hunter Sr.

KC5ZSL

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-17-2002 12:55 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't speak for the people in other parts of the country but most people I talk to in NY who voted for Al Gore are now supporting George W and if the election were today, he would have their vote.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 10-17-2002 01:30 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We must remember that we are not seeing even 1/20th of the information Bush is seeing for security reasons. Let's let Bush do his job with what information is presented to him for decision making. I voted for Gore, but I am in full support of Bush at this time.

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-17-2002 03:11 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they should move ahead with nothing barred inspections...no exceptions for so-called Presidential palaces, no advanced notice...and see what turns up. If they don't comply then other action will have to be considered. But lets do this first.

Sam: I don't know that I would agree with your assessment. I think each generation thinks that the next one is going down the tubes. Also your re your comment about taxes. I hate paying taxes as much as you do and wish I could pay less. But I note that we pay less than most if not all of the western industrialized nations. I think that while there is a lot of waste and graft and thousand dollar toilet seats, even if you got rid of those things completely (something that can never be done totally) your taxes would only drop a few percentage points. So then the question becomes one of what do you want to cut. Many things are simply naturally the perview of government. The military, building roads, etc. They "paid" for the last tax cut by some accounting chicanery that counted social security collections as part of general revenue--and that aint right. I don't want to cut back on the help we give the old and indigent and I don't want to cut military spending at this time either (quite the opposite). I still want the roads fixed and the mass transit subsidized (given that it offers a greater bang for the buck for the taxpayer as compared to building more commuter expressways in large cities), I like my library to be up to date, poor kids to be immunized, and yes, I don't mind a few drops of the federal trough to go to Amtrak. At some level you do get what you pay for and I don't want to give up any of these things. So I will bitch and moan and try to find loopholes but in the end I get out my checkbook. If someone wants to cut taxes they should first explain exactly what they will cut to pay for it. That's not a partisan argument; it's just common sense.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 04:25 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all have to make do with what we have so why cant the government?
Raising taxes is easier than trimming down, heck if I could just raise my pay everytime I was in a pinch heck I would be a millionaire in a week, heck I would just say” I need a new home so Boss, you must pay me 200% more per period so I can live comfortably. That’s exactly the model our government is using and it doesn’t work. The problem with the government feeding the people is that people will grow dependent on that and will lose the will to rely on themselves, its just human nature. If you where sitting at home and where getting everything you need from somebody and not working for it would you give it up to find a job to sustain yourself? You might but believe me there are a lot of folks out there that would not. As long as we hand it to them then that issue will not change. As far as roads go hey, we are paying 30% in gas taxes for that already, income tax has nothing to due with it. What are the figures now for the percentage of taxes on our wages about 33% which means for the first 2 days of the workweek you are working for Uncle Sam. How does that make you feel? You ready to give up another day or two to taxes? If you are then you are nuts. The Government can make do with what they have if they just would, but politicians are greedy callous animals and they do nothing for the good of the many or people just themselves.
We are going down the tubes and because it happens so slowly we get used to it. The nation is morally bankrupt. The "Inspections" are a joke, and a delay tactic but I grant you, yeah it would be nice to pop in on the poor little Iraqis unexpected and catch them with their rags down but it's not going to happen. Iraq will not allow it. The very thing that we are talking about has created where we are right now in this matter. Doing nothing to stop these people only helps them. And come on, you know good and well that Hussein is up to no good and we would all be better off without that kind of person in the world. The problem there is though that there will be another whacked out towel head ready to take his place, which is why we need to just level the whole country. What we need to do is convince all of them nuts over there that we are coming at them in one place and that they can all die for Allah at one time and that martyrs will be rewarded greatly then just take em all out at one time.
The enemies over there are getting bolder and our inaction only makes them more so. We need to show the world we are not going to put up with any pieces of shit like them and follow through with it. If you knew that you could go and rob the neighbors chicken coup and get away with it you may do it as compared to knowing that if you get caught doing it that you will most likely lose your life what do you think the effect would be? Which goes back to what I said before about their being a trend nowadays to just forgive and feel good about yourself for doing it. Force is the only language that is understood fully by anyone and you don't need an interpreter to get the point across.
Anyway, I could go on but I have blood pressure to think about.

Oh and one other thing, I will vote for Bush again because at least he has priciples. What did Clinton have? Scandles of the worst kind for a leader, he made us look bad as a nation as he represented us.
Just goes to show you, its not your integrety that matters its just how well you look and act. Play a Sax and your in there buddy.
Geez, what a gullable nation.

------------------
Samual Hunter Sr.

KC5ZSL

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-17-2002 07:23 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as the majority of people voted against Bush so he doesn't have a mandate, let's take into account that the last time I read the constitution that we apparently do not elect presidents by popular vote. There is no such thing as a mandate. Mandate equates mob rule, which is exactly why our founding fathers created the constitution to prevent such a problem. Hence why we elect our president the way we do.

As for he can't find whatever country on a map? Most people can't. Since they are allowed to vote, shouldn't they also be allowed to run for public office? Hey I can't find it on a map. I never studied north korea, but I know it exists becuase I watched MASH all those years.

Yep I voted for Bush. Not for bieng a republican, which I am not, but because I wanted to see what happens when we send a crack fiend into the white house.

Now we know.

Yes I know he is a former crack fiend, but he is human. At least we KNEW he was a party animal, more like the rest of us. If Gore had even TRIED to put that image across he would have nailed the election.

I saw post election loss party thrown by Bon Jovi and Mr. Gore was drunk off his behind, dancing with a beer in each hand. Had he let us know he was a regular guy, instead of a tree trunk, he would have won and I would have voted for him.

I am pretty tired of the jokes about the low intelligene of Bush. that is all far from the truth. And also the jokes about daddy bush. So what? His dad was president. Is he barred from public service? Come on, lets get real here and just support our president and hope we all don't die in a cloud of anthrax dust.

Dave

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-17-2002 08:11 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think GWB is doing a great job. First prez in a long time to do anything good as far as I'm concerned. Clinton was a waste of 8 years and for chrise sake, we had to borrow Cruise Missles from England cause Clinton didn't have any new ones made since after the Gulf war. what a dunce. Don't think GWB and other powers to be in congress don't know what Iraq is up to. Even Tommy Dork Daschell did a sudden complete about face and supported GWB, probably after he was exposed to some of the classified info that others have seen. Would GWB run again, I would most certainly vote for him. The people of Iraq need to be set free, as well as any weapons programs be destroyed. Saddam is as bad as North Korea for crying out loud and thats why GWB labeled them so. Gee, I wonder what GWB knows about Iran that we don't...
Mark

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-17-2002 09:13 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scandals of the worst kind? That's a rather clueless remark. No doubt Clinton had/has a hard time keeping it zipped but that's between him and his wife. When you say it made us look bad as a nation that is simply flat out wrong. Most countries were wondering why we were making a fuss over it. Do you think a country like France where public figures are practically expected have mistresses gave one iota about what the President did?

As for the other scandals, let's face it...there was nothing there. Nothing...not after the right wing spent millions of your tax dollars looking for something...anything...to nail him with. What did they come up with? Maybe some good ole boys in Arkansas got a bank loan they shouldn't have. And the Gov maybe made a crude pass at a secretary which she turned down and didn't sue until a right wing group talked her into it, paid for her lawyers, and (later) a nose job.

None of this had anything to do with actual matters pertaining to government. If you want a real scandal you'd have to look back to Watergate or to Iran-Contra where serious violations of law took place (and I haven't forgotten how Bush the elder denied all knowledge of that despite records showing his presence at many meetings where it was discussed. Uh...right.)

You don't have to like Clinton's politics and he certainly had some private failings but I've no doubt that this is a man with a brilliant mind, who came from modest beginnings...was a Rhodes Scholar...and, according to people who met with him, had an incredible grasp of details for whatever the topic at hand was.

As for taxes, keep your BP down; I wasn't suggesting raising them. But you were suggesting cutting them. The last cut put us into deficit so maybe that wasn't such a hot idea and I can't see us cutting them more, not with all the war and anti-terrorism costs.

I would also suggest that your "towel head" comment is inappropriate and may be offensive to some of the readership here. Many perhaps even most of the people wearing turbans are not even Arabs but may in fact be Sikhs. You do know that people from India read F-T, right?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: