Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Virus Senders -- F**king Die, you deserve it. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Virus Senders -- F**king Die, you deserve it.
Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-12-2002 01:35 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's right.

If you could understand the message, you got the insulting point. Drink a big, tall glass of Sani-Flush / Drano infected tea and die already. I am tired of your shit.

Oh, and I did not get infected at all. My firewall and constantly updated virus protection software caught the attempts. But these attempts at the Bugbear virus and OLD, OLD, OLD, OLD Klez virus are just freaking impotent, you ball-less, penis-less little nerds.

Come to my f**king house and find out about the virus I have in an Ithaca pump shotgun, or a Sig-Sauer 9mm (the same kind the Navy Seals carry). It requires no executable file to install. No script either. I just pull the trigger, and your geek ass is done. The subtext is --NO ONE LIKES YOU. We want you to die. Jump in front of a speeding freight locomotive and do us a favor. Or just do something PRODUCTIVE for a living. DUMBASS.

Well, to be quite honest, I sincerely doubt anyone here in Film-Tech wastes their time trying to commit acts of identity theft against any fellow users. And I am sure many participants in this forum share the same blatant disregard of constitutional rights afforded to virus writers the world over. In short, I think some others on this forum would be climbing over me to get to the trigger of a .50 cal machinegun aimed at virus writers who created things like the Klez and Bugbear worms.

At any rate, magazines like 2600 that elevate virus writers to the level of anti-hero status should be acid burned. Sorry. I just do not buy into the CONSTANT BULLSHIT that says people who break the law are cool. Screw that shit. Make those assholes work for a living.'

I mean, damn, take movie theater workers for instance. They have to put up with irritating, ungrateful customers. They have to deal with violent customers that knife up the seats or throw gummy bears at the screen or dump soda on the floor on purpose. Maybe it would be presumptouous, but I think these blue collar fellows would be on my side with this shit.

DIE YOU SCUMBAG VIRUS WRITERS. STOP MAKING ME WASTE MONEY TO SUBSCRIBE TO NORTON AND ALL THAT CRAP. GET A FREAKING LIFE. GET LAID FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE.

Okay. I am done with my rant. Sorry for the disturbance. Hope some of you found it funny.

(i should also note, when I originally posted this it was very late and I had just gotten home from doing some partying and was a little bit smashed. I'm not usually that belligerent.)

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-12-2002 02:11 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They only write those viruses to feel all-powerful. They need to feel that way to compensate for their otherwise lackluster life. Is someone gonna prove me wrong on this one? No one will try, because it's true.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-12-2002 02:51 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I still say the guys who write these things are quietly paid by Symantec and McAfee and other creators of virus-protection software. I mean really, just how big of a loser do you have to be to sit down and write a virus "for the fun of it"? I don't buy that there are some people who are that damn pathetic. Anti-virus software is a huge business. Someone is profiting. It's like stealing money right out of our pockets, because we can't afford to be without it!

I don't know about you, but the laws just aren't stern enough to effectively combat these creators of viruses. I say give them life in prison with no option to get out early. Let one or two of them spend the rest of their life in jail and that should set one hell of an example to the rest of them. This shit would stop, I guarantee it.

Actually you can add spammers to that life in prison idea as well. I would say the electric chair, but that's letting them off too easy. (And no I do not need to put a winky smiley face here.)

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-12-2002 11:17 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see virus writers do serious prison time. However, with as much as jails are overcrowded with rapists, murderers and armed robbers, the justice system may not ever get on the ball with treating these virus writing clowns in the manner they deserve.

Any hacker should be subject to many civil penalities though. If caught (that's the rub), they should be subject to a $1 million judgement for each computer infected. They should also get slammed with additional penalties, such as violating the civil rights of all users they hacked. It in an invasion of privacy.

I agree with the suspicions that some hackers are paid handsomely by Symantec and McAfee to come up with new viruses. But the main thing going on is identity theft.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2002 12:10 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, with as much as jails are overcrowded with rapists, murderers and armed robbers,

And let's not forget all the people in prison without anything on their record except simple drug posession. Let them go, and the jails will be half empty!

I strongly believe that life in prison is justifiable for the authors of viruses. For some people, their computer IS their life. It contains all of their documents, records, files, and other "vital data." If you destroy this, you essentially destroy their life. My neighbor lost two years of research due to a virus. Sure, he should have backed it up, but there are still many people without CD burners who don't expect to wake up in the morning and find everything they've ever worked on gone.

Brad -- I also used to believe the Anti-Virus companies may be paying some people to author stuff for them, but there ARE people who do that sort of thing "just for fun." Just like people who throw nacho cheese at the screen or slash a seat -- they just want to be destructive for attention, yet remain unnoticed. Perhaps some time in a nice smelly jail cell with "Bubba" is just the attention they need.

=TMP=

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-12-2002 02:37 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that if it is ever possible to identify the originator of a virus that was genuinely designed to cause serious damage to a large number of computers (e.g. MTX or Magistr) then [s]he should be locked up and the key thrown away. I think that would send a signal to anyone else contemplating either originating or deliberately spreading a virus 'for the fun of it'. What we want to absolutely avoid is making an example of a computer illiterate victim whose PC spreads the virus without their knowledge. That would be analogous to Thailand's draconian anti-drug laws, which have lead to people being executed for smoking a joint whilst the big drug barons continue to operate unhindered.

I've spent really quite a long time learning how to avoid virus related problems, and this learning process started by inadvertenty clicking on an attachment and kicking off MTX. In other words, I learnt the hard way. There are lots of other things I'd rather have spent that time on (getting laid springs to mind as an entirely agreeable alternative!). So I agree - nail the bastards, but be sure that it really is the bastards that you're nailing.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 10-12-2002 03:06 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, I heard that somewhere, too.

What gets me is when they bust the virus writers and their names are made public, some software companies hire some of them!!

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-13-2002 01:25 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with brad on this one. I have always believed that the virus protectors are the ones paying virus creators under the table. Without them they have nothing. It's all WAY too convenient.

Besides, hackers historically have not destroyed data or systems, just gained access for fun.

Dave

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2002 11:32 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just dumped 30 SPAM messages from some dorks/assholes that want to quote me life insurance. Why the fuck would anyone deal with a geek/shit/company that wont even get in touch with me without sneaking around and being devious? I'd never consider replying to this shit because I know that instead of deleting 30 spams, I'd be deleting 300 of them before long. As is, I am loaded daily with all kinds of spam from people that want to extend my organ size. If a spammer is reading this, my organ is just fine the way it is! Yesterday, I deleted an email from a friend that had over 900K of something attached to it. After I called him and told him what I had, he said that someone had hacked his computer on Friday morning. He has gotten emails from friends all day just like mine. He has shut down his computer for now, and is running diagnostics to see what has happened. This happened to him once before. The virus deleted his hard drive and the thousands of images that he had scanned and listed there. I know that he has invested in alot of Norton hardware, and has not had a problem until Friday.

I agree totally with Bobby Hendersons words. Jail is too good for these people. Shit, they would just sit and watch cable TV, and that is something that I would love. In jail, they just sit around, eat, sleep, lift weights, and have fun with Moose, and Bubba in the dark corners of the showers.

Lets pour honey all over these people and let a load of fire ants loose on them. It would serve them right.

(I am usually more tolerant that this, but since the others here feel the same way, I feel that I am in good company. There are strength in numbers!)

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 10-13-2002 06:23 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hackers, Crackers, and Virus Writers

Believing that Symantec and McAffee are behind all the viruses is like believing that Cisco and Checkpoint Software are behind all network hacking and cracking (so they can sell more firewalls).

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-13-2002 07:49 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am with Bobby Henderson on this one. I would love to be the one to throw the switch or pull the trigger that would eliminate the virus senders. I will admit that I am a computer illiterate. I work off of three different stations. One in my apartment in Manhattan, One on my house in Newport and one at work. Well the one in Newport has been eaten alive by a virus..it even ate the "norton anti virus". Next week I will rent a Geek to come and try and save the computer.I hope it works because I'll be damned if I know what the heck is wrong with it.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-14-2002 02:10 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bruce: you could start to get even with the dorks and assholes by downloading MailWasher. It lets you bounce their spam straight back to them, attachments and all.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2002 03:20 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I down loaded this, & it works so well.
Then I found the guy lives an hour away.
Am going to deliver him some beer & pizza.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2002 05:03 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leo. I'll look into this one.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 10-14-2002 11:10 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leo! I'm going to try MailWasher. Will even happily pay the guy if it works well.

As for applying the death penalty, we might want to distinguish between virus authors and virus senders before flipping the switch. Many innocent users have unwittingly become virus senders after becoming infected.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: