Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Looking for Gerard

Author Topic: Looking for Gerard
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-09-2002 06:38 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone heard from Gerard S. Cohen he has been absent for too long.

Where are you hiding?

|  IP: Logged

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2002 08:31 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,
I've been lost in Bob Maar's Joke-A-Thon, trying to read my way through it to counter the present state of domestic and world affairs.
Actually, I've been projecting 16mm cartoons on a roll-up Day-lite
screen hung from my 2nd story porch to entertain kiddies at our annual block party. 1920's Felix the Cat, 1930's Silly Symphonies,
Betty Boop, Popeye, Waldo, U.B.Iwerks, the three Fleishers "Out of the Inkwell", Crazy Kat, WWII Private Snafu, Disney, etc. And some vintage "Let's Go To The Movies" promo-docs. Might do it again for Halloween with scary cartoons and excerpts from the Frankensteins. Want to buy another projector stand so I can use my two Holmes Educator 35mm machines outdoors to show a 1946 jazz film, "Boy What a Girl."
Been working daily in my wife's pediatric office, training a part-time receptionist and doing the billing. Didn't get to Show West nor Show East, but plan to attend "Show North"--actually, the Physicians' Expo in NYC October 30th. Probably no films, but lots of computer hardware and software, meals and lectures.
Sorely need a vacation! With the new trainee, and possibly my daughter learning the computer chores, maybe I can take a few days off and visit friends in Pismo Beach, CA, who have a huge beachfront property and arboretum-on-the-bay. (I showed them Jones' Beach last week.)
Never thought I'd be mentioned in the topic of a thread!
Thanks for asking!!
All the best. --Gerard.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-10-2002 06:50 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerard,

Good to hear from you and glad to see how active you have been. I look forward to your continuing participation.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: