Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Anybody seen John Eickhof?

Author Topic: Anybody seen John Eickhof?
Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2002 09:30 AM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody seen or heard from John Eickhof?

------------------
Samual Hunter Sr.

KC5ZSL

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-07-2002 05:52 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not for a couple months, and he's not answering e-mails lately either. I'm sure he's on the road. He's due here just about anytime to do some work for us.

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2002 06:53 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you do see him tell him to let me know when he thinks he will be back home and to contact me.
Thanks!

------------------
Samual Hunter Sr.

KC5ZSL

Sam Hunter
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2002 08:35 PM      Profile for Sam Hunter   Email Sam Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found him! He is alive and well and back home!
All is well in the world now.

------------------
Samual Hunter Sr.

KC5ZSL

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2002 09:50 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good to hear, I haven't even met the guy, but this thread made me worry that something bad happened to someone spoken so highly of. Speaking of those that have spoken highly of Mr. Eickhof, where has Will Kutler been?

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 10-11-2002 06:49 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I was talking to Will week before last. He has taken a job out of the industry and working in a tool and die shop in Phoenix.He was a little down on our industry. Last week he sent me some song titles to post.Hopefully, we will see him back soon.

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2002 01:32 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi gang...

Well, I am now working as a steel rule die maker in Tucson, and have been quite busy with the new job.

I have done some service work, but this is sparadic...

I did speak w/my employer about me making dies for the Simplex/RCA gaskets and he has not given me an estimate yet...

Bob mentioned that I am a little down and out about our industry. Needless to say that I went all out for several cinemas down here...and spent considerable time and effort helping some of these places prep for major refurbs. The fact is, that with the exception of just a couple of cinemas, everyone down here is all talk and no action...lots of b.s. and politics with a total lack of knowledge (or caring) about what it takes to put on a first class presentation!

One cinema operator that I did work for has filed for chpt 7 as a means of skirting his bills...and I am out quite a some of $$.

I tried to be easy going, doing work informally...billing after the job was complete and going by a handshake. Warning to everyone...those days are long gone. Now, if I do work, I have to CMA by billing on-site to keep from getting screwed.

What is a little funny, it was said of Meyer Lansky that a handshake from him in a business deal was better that then best written legal contract that a battery of high-power attorneys could ever put together!

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2003 10:07 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen or heard from John Eickhof laaately. I e-mailed him more than a week ago and no response. I hope he is ok?

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-29-2003 01:29 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was just here on Thursday July 17 and was heading west.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2003 12:33 PM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke with John Last week and yesterday. He was back in his office yesterday. Tried calling today, 5 minutes ago, and got the phone machine. Waiting for a call back.

Clint

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2003 01:17 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the Film-Tech snipe hunt!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: