Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Gordon meets Jan (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Gordon meets Jan
Jan Hackett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2002 03:13 PM      Profile for Jan Hackett   Email Jan Hackett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

the saga will continue....stay posted ..........

|  IP: Logged

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2002 04:09 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great pic, but I was only able to get there after eliminating the spaces in the link. I think if you edit the post and eliminate the spaces, the link should be clickable. Perhaps you just tried to insert the image into the post, but it isn't working because of the length of the url. Perhaps eliminating the spaces would helpthat way, too.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-30-2002 04:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Rule #1 Thou shalt not upload any filename that has a space in it.

Rule #2 Thou shalt never, ever, ever upload an image larger than 550 pixels.

Rule #3 Thou shalt always double check their own post whenever they use the upload feature before leaving the site and when in doubt, re-read the upload instruction page.

Anyway, I fixed it. That picture is going to get people wondering about the evening. When is storytime?

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-30-2002 05:14 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
But Brad, large format people are used to huge images.

I'm gonna start saving my loose change now ... next year's conference is in Glasgow!

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-30-2002 05:34 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beer Beer Beer Beer and more Beer
simple evening that of a liquid diet
To bad you were not there adam it was a very nice pub with a good selection of UK and german imports

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 09-30-2002 07:28 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And this link up occurred where?
Always interested in pubs I haven't been to...

Paul

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-30-2002 07:32 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord, Don't let June see that picture?????
Mark

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 09-30-2002 08:51 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord and Jan,

I was with you in spirit. Didn't you feel my presence?

I was the maartini on the table next to you.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 10-01-2002 12:53 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gord, that had better have been a Nukie

-Aaron

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2002 03:00 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the words of The Beautiful South track "Old Redeyes is Back"

Rule #4 Thou shalt not rub the salt in the wound by posting pics of drunken fun at GSTA whilst thy large format colleagues remain behind running the shows

Seriously you guys have a great time out there in my spiritual home.

Gord

How long did it take before the people from Sheridan Park tried to strangle you with that Iwerks lanyard?

Jan

I hope Gordon didn't make you drink Tetley's
And why are you wearing a sweater ? Toronto is sub tropical at this time of year!

Adam

I think you have been out in the Californian sun too long, all the colour has bleached out of you

Jan Hackett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2002 09:18 AM      Profile for Jan Hackett   Email Jan Hackett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any place North of New Mexico is sweater weather.....but actually I am surprised by the North Toronto air.

Gordon is every bit the film god he pretends to be.......and he almost can keep up with me on those large format beer mugs..

and I do feel for yu guys and gals in the booth especially I felt for the guy in the booth whose IMAX took a dump 10 min into the screening with a house full of large format professionals....it was sad....I wanted to run into the booth and hug the guy but Imax corp heads were jamming the booth door........sorry who ever yu were.

I don't know what beer Gordon is serving me but he doth know his Pub variety. (Gordon is really quite cute)

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 10-01-2002 10:40 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The beer in question was Rickards Red a local brew that is gaining much popularity
Well tonight is our turn to have stuff crash (hopefully not) as tonight is our theatres turn to host and we have Momentum at 48fps to end the night off

Jan Hackett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2002 03:04 PM      Profile for Jan Hackett   Email Jan Hackett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I will be there Gordon critiquing your projection....ahhhhh the power of being in the audience.....no worries I am having a beer now just 30 min before I board the bus to Ontario Place so my judgement should be very keen. Break a leg Gord..

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-02-2002 10:36 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,
Be sure to get a shot of yourself in front of Imax machine #1 holding the sign that says its the 1st machine. Good for your scrapbook, or you could find a mountain side and make it into a petroglyph!
Mark @ CLACO

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2002 02:51 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark

Gordon may wish to dispute this but #1 is like the proverbial woodman's axe that's been in the family for generations.

It's had 10 new heads and 12 new handles but it's still the same axe!

I hear if you want a photo next to the real #1 you need sub aqua gear and a desire to plunge into Lake Ontario!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: