Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What the @*$! happen to all the PG movies?

Author Topic: What the @*$! happen to all the PG movies?
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2002 10:21 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have actually gotten complaints that we have no movies suitable for children with the exception of Spy Kids 2 which most of our regulars (families) have already seen. I looked at the past release list and Spy Kids 2, which was released on 8/7/02, was the last PG movie released. It would be nice for business if someone would open a decent family movie right about now instead of having everyone wait for Harry Potter to open.

|  IP: Logged

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 03:06 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veggie Tales opens in two weeks.
Im sure everyone will enjoy that.

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 09-20-2002 03:18 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing like having Red Dragon and Veggie tales opening on the same day. Sounds like meat and potatos to me.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 07:09 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael must be in an area with a lot of Christian fundamentalists.

Is his theater running My Big Fat Greek Wedding? That's rated PG. If he has an arthouse he might be able to get the PG-rated Mostly Martha.

In Manville NJ the Reading Cinemas tries to have kid flicks year-round since there are a lot of families in the nearby towns. This week Reading still has Spy Kids 2 (1st show only, double-up with The Good Girl) and The Master of Disguise (matinees only, double-up with xXx).

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 10:42 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope no Greek Wedding here though I didn't relise that Veggie Tales was opening that soon (I can't believe how many of my staffers espically the females ones are looking forward to it). Not too many christian fundamentalists just parents with little ones who would rather take their kids to see Veggie Tales than a movie like Serving Sara.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 10:54 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Veggie Tales opens in two weeks.
I'm sure everyone will enjoy that.

I've seen a few of the Veggie Tales episodes (we've shown them for cartoon nights at the Baptist Student Center). That should go over really well for the "family" crowds. Some of those Veggie tales things are really fun to watch when you're in the mood.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-20-2002 12:15 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happend to the PG movies? They all became PG-13s, along with half of the R movies. PG is the "G" of the new millenium, din'tcha know that?

If Spider-Man had been released 15 years ago, it would have been PG.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 09-20-2002 01:30 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're starved for product and willing to try something very different, of course I'll have to put in a plug for Miyazaki's Spirited Away (Disney, PG) which opened limited today and goes wide in a couple of weeks. Aimed at both mature 10-year-olds and adults, it's a Japanese take on Alice in Wonderland that's about as far from Pokemon as one can get and still be from the same island. The reviews have been very favorable--even the middling ones acknowledge the imagination that went into its story and the beauty of its artwork. Available in dubbed English (supervised by Pixar's John Lasseter) or subtitled Japanese.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2002 02:58 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to see the Veggie Tales movie too. I have a two and a half year old who is nuts about Veggie Tales. Like Evans said, they're fum to watch if your in the mood. The theme song is addicting....

"If you like to talk to tomatoes.... If a squash can make you smile.....

The animation on the home videos is great. I hope the movie versions are just as good.

------------------
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Lebanon, Tennessee

Stardust Drive-In Theatre
Watertown, Tennessee

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: