Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » This is the BEST trailer EVER! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: This is the BEST trailer EVER!
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-09-2002 05:35 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hands down, this has to be the best trailer of all time! This trailer shows what is wrong with every OTHER trailer out there. Plus you just know you've always wanted to put a face to the voice.

Seriously, check this out right now. It's great!!!

CLICK HERE

|  IP: Logged

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2002 08:17 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YES! This is one of the greatest trailers EVER, ranking up there with the one in "3-D" that Albert Brooks did for (I think) REAL LIFE, and the cheese trailer for THIS IS SPINAL TAP.

Another great thing about this trailer...it really makes me want to go see this movie, and I don't know ANYTHING about it but the title!

Who is the voice-over guy? It doesn't look like Don LaFontaine. He is addressed as "Jack", but the onscreen actor isn't Jack Angel. Any ideas?

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-09-2002 10:46 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A required download.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 09-09-2002 11:50 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He is addressed as "Jack", but it isn't Jack Angel.

The voice is Jack Angel. It may have been ADR'd because you've got to get closer to a mic than he was to get that kind of presence.

------------------
Better Projection Pays!

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2002 12:39 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMAOPIMP!!!!

Thanks, that made my day. Now I have to e-mail the link to hundreds of people.

=TMP=

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-09-2002 12:40 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, for those of us with slow dialup connections and/or limited time to surf the net, this could be more annoying than those "teaser" subject lines.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-09-2002 02:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, try calling up Miramax and tell them you've heard of this preview on the internet and you are interested in running it at your theater. Maybe they'll send you a copy.

Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 09-09-2002 03:40 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer reminded me about the scene at the beginning of "MRS. DOUBTFIRE" where Robin Williams had a disagreement with the producer at a motion picture studio about the dialogue he was recording for an animated cartoon. Yes, I should put logic aside but since when do they record voice over dialogue for a film without a scrip? Sorry, just asking.

-Claude

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-09-2002 05:56 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great trailer, but Tim Reed is right in saying that wasn't Jack Angel. I saw a puff piece about the real guy and that dude had hair. It sounded like Jack, but some comedians have imitated the guy before. I remember that character one of the players from Mad TV would do where the guy was acting like he was in a movie trailer all the time. Also, it could be one of those things where Angel lends his voice but doesn't play well enough on camera, so they hire another actor to do the on-screen stuff.

Anyway, aside from the hair-splitting, it was a really good trailer. Very funny and satirical of the nature of movie trailers for the past couple decades.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 09-09-2002 06:15 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a great short called "Trailer: The Movie" which is about two guys who make a film, realize that it sucks, but manage to salvage two minutes' worth of film to make a misleading trailer about it. Very funny. I recently ran this at a festival. If anyone knows where I can get a copy of it on videotape (or buy a print), I'd be interested.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2002 07:39 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can find info on TRAILER: THE MOVIE at
http://www.trailer-themovie.com/

No word on video availability.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 09-09-2002 08:01 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a trailer for the 1998 Mill Valley Film Festival that plays out very similarly to this one.

-Aaron

Tim Sherman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2002 02:07 AM      Profile for Tim Sherman   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Sherman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott go to the website that Mark pointed out and scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on behind the scenes. Then on the next page scroll to the bottom of the page again and click on tape request. There is your tape.

Just to let you know i didn't do this, was just looking around at the link and found this section and thought i would pass it along to you. Hope it helps.

------------------

http://www.autoramadrivein.com

come on out to the drive-in and spend a night out with the stars"

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 09-10-2002 09:29 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad "Comedian" is video, not a real movie.

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-10-2002 10:32 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Too bad "Comedian" is video, not a real movie.'

Do you mean shot on video or that it is a documentary? According to the movies website (ok, webpage) it's "In Theatres Fall 2002". tribute.ca lists it as being released in September 2002.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: