Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Rap actors

Author Topic: Rap actors
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2002 04:55 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First Wil Smith
then Tupac, LL Cool J, Redman, Method Man,
now E.T. claims NELLY.... that's right.. NELLY (in all his ghetto fab glory) could be the next up and coming rapper turned actor.

Sweet god.. kill me now. I'd hate to know that *I* was partially responsible for putting him on screen to the public. ISHHHHH.

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-12-2002 05:33 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curtis Hanson ("L.A. Confidential," "The Wonder Boys") is directing a movie "loosely based on the life story" of rapper Eminem --with Eminem playing himself. I'm not exactly a fan at all of rappers turned actors, but maybe Curtis Hanson could make the movie watchable.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2002 06:41 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rap music is the sound of today's young America. Dig?

Bobby: The Eminem movie is called 8 Mile and opens November 8. The track heard in the 8 Mile trailer is "Cleanin' Out My Closet" -- now on its way up the charts.

Will Morrow
Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2002 07:30 PM      Profile for Will Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Will Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, Tupac was great on the big screen. That boy was born with talent that most people never even see. As far as 8Mile goes, I am excited for that movie. Word is that we won't get it here because of the R rating, and the problems we would have with younger kids trying desperately to get in. I will drive to see it though. I think it will be an entertaining movie, and I have ready in may places that the director really pushe Em to do above and beyond what you would think he is capable of. I hope it's good.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2002 07:56 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on nobody remembers the Fat Boys in Disorderlies? They were the first rappers that I can remember to make a movie. I am guessing that Ice T was the first rapper to become an "Actor" however.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-12-2002 08:29 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh oh. You guys are going to get Joe, Ethan and Jeremy all talking rapper talk again.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2002 09:03 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When asked (By James Lipton for all you Bravo fans) why rappers make good actors. Will Smith replied that Rappers have to have attitude and that attitude looks good on film. It makes a lot of sence. It could be one dimentional but it does look good on film.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2002 12:04 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dont forget Busta Rhymes and Coolio!

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2002 01:46 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all of this malarky, I have but one thing to say:

You can't spell crap( ) without rap!

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-13-2002 02:19 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to love rap. I go to sleep with it. Hearing the lullabies of "DIE COP DIE" and "KNIFE THAT BITCH" make my heart soar. Of course there are those lovely and great romantic melodies too.

Dave

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2002 02:21 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now for sleepy-time music Nine Inch Nails works for me!

...no seriously! I can fall asleep when listening to anything that I actually do like.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: