Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Canada and Spy Kids 2 contest

Author Topic: Canada and Spy Kids 2 contest
Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2002 08:25 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a question for all of the canadian film-techers: On the back of our Spy Kids 2 sweepstakes entry forms, it states that "Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question administered by telephone, mail or e-mail." Why is it that you guys must jump through hoops and can not just simply win the contest by random drawing like us here in the states? Just curious. This was a 30 minute discussion at my theater today!

-adam

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-07-2002 08:57 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most Canadian contests require some form of skill testing to be legal
The exception is the government run loteries (the stupid tax)

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2002 10:55 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm... I wish the United States would adopt this mehtod. Not only would it keep stupid people from winning contests, but it would keep stupid contests from overwhelming people.

Imagine if one of those little brats had to solve a math problem or do a word search if he or she wanted one of those blasted free Pokemon cards. "I'm sorry ma'am, but your child is too dumb to get a free card. There's nothing I can do." Well, maybe not that extreme, but it would encourage them to learn something.

=TMP=
"Advertizing signs that con you into thinking you're the one that can do what's never been done, that can win what's never been won, meantime life outside goes on all around you." --Bob Dylan

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: