Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Hello Everyone!

Author Topic: Hello Everyone!
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 08-06-2002 02:15 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have lurked here at Film Tech for a very long time and enjoyed my visits but because most of you have the title "Expert Film Handler", I thought this site was for only people who work in the motion picture exhibition industry. After taking the time to read the forum rules the other day, I discovered that almost anyone can register and I did and I am very pleased that I will now have the opportunity to contribute to this forum with my thoughts and opinions. Although I only know most of you from your posts here at Film Tech, there are others I have known for a very long time at Perry Sun's excellent DCINEMAZONE forum including Brad Miller, Mark Gulbrandsen, Gordon McLeod, Greg Anderson and John Pytlak. With a few exceptions, I am very impressed at the way you all conduct yourselves by refraining from 'flaming" each other and being positive with your comments and opinions. I will do my best to follow in the tradition you had all established here at Film Tech and thank you Brad for letting me be a part of your forum.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

John Daily
Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2002 02:27 PM      Profile for John Daily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Claude!
I'm new too, and am having a great time here. As for being nice to each other, we kind of have to, or else Brad brands us by changing our "Film Handler" status to something less desirable.(*CoughcoughIancough*)

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2002 04:31 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Abord Claude,

I am an avid still photographer myself and Projectionist by trade. I look forward to seeing your contributions in the forums about film saturation in general in both still photography and motion picture use.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-07-2002 08:28 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard, Claude.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-07-2002 11:01 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of us here know Claude from the MSP page. Sorry about the confusion on who is allowed to participate here. That brings about an interesting point. I may need to alter the FAQ's registration requirements to make that more clear. We have many people not currently in the industry (or never have been), but it's everyone posting together that makes for good discussions. Welcome aboard.

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2002 10:48 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard, Claude.

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-08-2002 04:33 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Claude!

I'd be most interested in reading what you have to say about the quality of the industry's product these days (not technically but content wise).

Bob
The Old Showman

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: