Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Gone Form GTS!!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Gone Form GTS!!!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-03-2002 12:18 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so everyone knows I have left GTS. Am presently taking some time off but will resume shortly under a new name. Many reasons for leaving, and I'd be happy to answer any direct e-mail regarding this posting. Now I have to send in a new photo!!
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2002 12:22 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with your new ventures Mark.

------------------
Adam Fraser
www.pinestheatre.com

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-03-2002 12:59 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, is your email still the gts one, or is it changed???

Dave

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-03-2002 05:27 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Mark, you are no longer "the tooth fairy at GTS". You'll just have to live with the title of "Film God".

Best of luck in wherever you end up. I have no doubts GTS is getting the short end of the stick here with you leaving.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-03-2002 10:29 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh great...so now we no longer have to hear about "GTS customers....blah, blah...." We will have a new barrage of the new company's customers....wa, wa.....wa, wa, wa" Or somthing to that effect.

Let us know were you land.

Steve

------------------
"Old projectionists never die, they just changeover!"

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-03-2002 10:30 AM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck in your future endevours

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-03-2002 12:11 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I wish you the greatest luck in your area change. I know you will be successful in your new endeavors.

Thanks for all the nice things you did for Josh and me while you were with GTS. I consider you a very good friend. If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to call on me.

Paul

Steve Guttag

- posted 08-04-2002 12:55 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Please e-mail me your e-mail address. Thanks,

Steve

------------------

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-04-2002 12:59 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate the kind words and support!!
In the 5 years that I was at GTS I never received one salary review at all. To be fair in saying, there were two ok bonuses in those 5 years. Ok, after taxes, almost usless, but we gotta pay taxes. Now I'm a pretty patient guy, and everyone here that really knows me would agree with that. On top of my motion picture work, and under the direction of the GTS live theatrical department I also took on light dimming projects in schools, Universitys, and live theatres. Some small, some very large and lengthy.

This year motion picture work became extremely busy again with 4 to 5 week trips and only a week or so off in between. At my present salary and with no definite set expenses paid me I finally turned up the heat to see how serious the main GTS man was. My raise in pay, per diem, and commission requests were meager and still well below the 40K a year that Regal pays their top techs. So all in all, I felt that with business being really good again, and looking good for quite a while down the road, that my requests were VERY reasonable. Especially for a guy with going on 20 years experience. Well, I was told they “could never afford to pay that sort of salary”, so I pulled the plug and we parted ways. The thing here is that I could really care less about GTS loosing out(except for one other employee thats been there 10 years). Its obvious the main man doesn't REALLY care about the customers, or what they might be thinking right now... In this case, it’s the customers who are really loosing out, not GTS. There were some jobs in progress, and many comming up soon.

Most likely, I will either subcontract and do work for another dealer, and combine that in with the customers that want me to continue doing their work in the mountain states. Or I may just set myself back up in business, and then be there a fourth dealer in the Salt Lake area. Personally, I prefer to stay in the Mountain States area not running my own business but just doing high quality theatre work for a bunch of the nicest customers that I’ve ever had...I love it here.
Mark
I can now be reached at cinerama84106@yahoo.com

Rick Long
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2002 02:58 AM      Profile for Rick Long   Email Rick Long   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck in the future, Mark.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-04-2002 03:12 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would work for you in a heartbeat.

Dave

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-04-2002 06:26 AM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck Mark. I hope you land your feet somewhere that pays well and had the nicest customers in the world! almost sounds unreal

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2002 03:07 PM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, & don't forget to enjoy all the new stuff!
(And for old jobs, just like smoking: never forget why you quit.)

Steve Guttag

- posted 08-04-2002 05:18 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh great...just when I start using Panastereo!

Steve

------------------

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2002 07:15 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark:

J.Paul Getty ("How I made My First Million") always advised, that when one has reached the ability to do his job as well as possible,
he should take the next step of requesting a promotion to greater
remuneration and greater responsibility. And if denied, leave and take one's abilities elsewhere where they will be appreciated.

Best wishes, and keep posting your most helpful messages, full of your experience and expertise.
(I await your new Film-tech photo.)

Gerard

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: