Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Great States Convention

Author Topic: Great States Convention
John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2002 08:29 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious, but is anyone planning on going to this convention in Lake Geneva, WI this year?

I'll be going.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-03-2002 12:14 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Great States convention is pretty much a waste of time. If you like to play golf with other theatre buddys its the place to go though. They are taking turns having it out here in the mountain states and then in Lake Geneva every other year. Now I've spent alot of time in Lake Geneva as I lived not too far fomr there most of my life....Its nice, but no cigar in comparison to having it out here in the mountains. Good for some vendors though.
Mark

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-06-2002 01:48 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great States merged with the Rocky Mountain convention. I haven't missed a convention in many years, but I'm going to miss this one. Too expensive to attend (with airfare, car, hotel, etc. it's probably about 3x what it used to cost to go to a Rocky Mountain meet). Next year's is in Colorado Springs, which will work out better for me.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2002 02:00 PM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a webpage or another place to get more info on this convention? Seeing how it isn't too far away, I might take a drive out there.

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2002 04:45 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if there is a website, but there are ads for it with phone and fax numbers for information in Box Office, Film Journal, and what used to be the IME Yellow Pages for this year.

Great States is a Merging of the conventions of the Rocky Mountain NATO convention, and the NATO of WI/MI convention.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-14-2002 11:31 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bumping this back to the top to see if anyone else is attending this meet, which starts Wed. 9/18.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-14-2002 10:45 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't think of A good reason to go there. Since I'm from the area and have been to bueatiful Lake Geneva a thousand times. Next years meet is back in the mountain states where it belongs! In Colorado Springs(I think) so we will probably be there.
Mark @ Claco

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: