Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Great Deal On a USed Brenkert!

Author Topic: Great Deal On a USed Brenkert!
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-02-2002 10:20 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hollywoodmoney.com/projectors.html
This has got to be more than the whole thing went for when it as new.....I wonder what planet this guy is from??
Mark

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-02-2002 11:24 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what an offer! I think I'll run out and buy two, for they look to be in such marvelous condition.

Not only is the price WAY too high, but his picture file size is also WAY too high! Who in the world posts 600K gif pictures??? What's funnier to me is that the pictures aren't even of high quality to warrant it.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-02-2002 01:37 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys I just placed a blank PO to them for those and anymore they can find at that "steal" of a price

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2002 07:43 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, talk about overpriced!

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-02-2002 07:48 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what kind of lamphouse is that? It's not a Strong/Peerless and doesn't look at all like the Enarcs that I'm familiar with. The "old" SMPTE projectionist book has pictures of a similar lamphouse on pages 26 and 115.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 08-02-2002 08:15 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is either a 135 or a futura

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 08-02-2002 09:19 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like junk.

The BX-80 is probably worth a buck a pound. The only thing I see there that may be worth anything is the 9030 soundhead and the pedistal. The rest is boat anchor material.

Like Gordon, I think the lamp is an old Strong of some sort. I have thrown better stuff away.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-03-2002 12:08 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I e-mailed the guy just to have some fun. I told him that it was scrap yard material and that I couldn't remember how many of these that I had removed and thrown away....His reply was to let him know if I remove any more and throw them out so he can come get em. I don't think he knows about Film-Tech but hopefully Brad would never grant him access if he shows up around this place.
Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: