Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Playing catch-up

Author Topic: Playing catch-up
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2002 12:19 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been out of town for a few days, and I'm playing catch-up with the forums. A few questions:

Why is Ian called The Violator, and what's up with random quotes in "The Violator" thread? Is that in reference to something else?

In FHF, Gerard bumped up "Questions about Unions" "in response to...Brad's comments, in Film-Yak..." To which thread in Yak is he referring?

And why is the Three Word Game closed!??

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-30-2002 01:34 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've been out of town for a few days, and I'm playing catch-up with the forums. A few questions:
Why is Ian called The Violator, and what's up with random quotes in "The Violator" thread? Is that in reference to something else?

Hell, I've been here the whole time and I'm not sure I get it!

I think it has something to do with him posting in the wrong forum. But it's all in good fun, of course (I think).

And the three-word game is closed because it reached 500 posts (right Brad?) I seem to remember something about that rule.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2002 01:40 PM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ken,

I am "Mini Ian", so called because I a close resemblance to him at a galnce, in a smaller version I am told. If you look at his picture and mine we do kinda look like we could be related.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2002 02:12 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, you sure do look like him.

I remember the 500 post rule abouot the movie quote game, but I don't recall anything ever being said about the three word game.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 07-30-2002 03:05 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
There were rules for the three-word game? Well, other than the obvious.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-30-2002 04:12 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the UBB starts crashing randomly or something if the posts go past 500. Hell if I know, but the "Joke Yak" thread went well over that and nothing ever happened (that I can remember). I do know that when it comes time to back up/update the forum every night that it slows down with the really big topics.

As far as the random quotes in "The Violator" thread, you got me. It kind of reminds me of the foums at OverClocked ReMix, with a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds talking about nothing. So if you just want to pad your post count with something like "Apples are yummy" then that is the thread to do it in.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-30-2002 04:19 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see. Ian is "The Violator" because he posted a question in an inappropriate forum, then proceeded to post another question in every forum. Ian is evil, but we all know that. (Yes it is a joke. Ian is a good guy in real life. And yes Ian is as big as the Jolly Green Giant!)

Why are there random quotes in the Violator thread? Beats the heck out of me! I just moderate. I don't think I got that joke.

Gerard's *bump* was in reference to "payment of the employees" thread in Yak.

I closed the 3 word game at 500 posts because the ubb gets angry at me when I let threads go on and on and on. It gets back at me when I am doing my maintenance on the server by crashing during the updates (just the update, not the forums in general). If you want to start another, sequels are what this industry is about.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: