Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » where can I get the Dreamworks Logo?

Author Topic: where can I get the Dreamworks Logo?
Daniel Boisson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2002 11:59 PM      Profile for Daniel Boisson   Email Daniel Boisson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know where I can get the Dreamworks logo, the one short several second clip with the kid on the moon...I know its a longshot...just thought I'd try...Thanks

------------------
3% Body Fat. 1% Brain Activity.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 07-30-2002 01:25 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, at the beginning of any Dreamworks picture? Sorry, I had to.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 07-30-2002 08:44 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) Clip a frame or two from any old Dreamworks trailer. Take the clupping, put it on your computer scanner and digitize it.

2) Get any Dreamworks DVD from the video store and "rip" it onto your hard drive.

3) Get a good 35mm SLR camera. Load it up with Kodacrome film. Set it on a tripod, make the room otherwise completely dark and shoot the movie screen when the logo comes up.

Method #3 is by far the trickiest to accomplish although, if done carefully enough will yeild the best results, depending on what you want to do with the logo.

Method #1 is the easiest to do and if you don't need hi-rez will yeild quite good results.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 07-30-2002 09:35 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Method #4: Call DreamWorks exhibitor relations and ask for a copy.

I was doing a layout for a shareholders' report and needed copies of studio artwork to dress it up a little bit and they all provided logos (studio logos as well as title treatments) in addition to frame enlargments and promotional photos.

Getting stuff from Paramount was tricky but a little persistence paid off.

Daniel Boisson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2002 10:05 AM      Profile for Daniel Boisson   Email Daniel Boisson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cool, thanks.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-30-2002 01:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or go to the TES website (exhibitor.technicolor.com) and go to the "product catalog" link and you'll find logos for all the studios they distribute trailers for.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 07-30-2002 05:10 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a Dreamworks logo at this link: http://www.logotypes.ru/list_e.asp?cat=D&page=7

And it is even in vector format. However, I cannot attest to the accuracy of the file (whether it is authentic artwork from Dreamworks' marketing dept. or if it is just a passable knock-off). Generally, it is best to contact the studio's marketing dept for art files as well as useage guidelines.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 07-30-2002 06:39 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I could have used that link last time I was making sponsorship slides. Must bookmark.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: